Honest Reviews

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by naz9403, Jul 6, 2005.

1. naz9403

naz9403

I am aspiring to provide a service for fund managers who oversee large sums of money. I have developed a system which trades 3 pairs (2 others in testing) and most years a pairs loss is made up for by another. By combining annual profits since 1976 i have put together a spreadsheet to show results.

I have 5 pairs total, the other two have not been run yet. Will see what combinations are best. But the 3 i have now should be best since the two remaining are chf and gbp which closely follow the eur.

Please provide analysis of what i should do or what i have done wrong .

2. naz9403

naz9403

A few pm'd me with insightful information.

I know trying to get ahold of a decent hedge fund is pretty much slim to none unless i started my own fund, can not because i do not have my RIA.

I just want experienced members to critique the numbers and hopefully point me in a good direction.

3. Can you handle the truth?.........The CAD/Canadian Dollar System took 5 years, from 1977-1982, to finally get "in the black" and stay there. That indicates inconsistency. Most customers in today's "2005 environment" won't be patient enough to wait that long for results. In 1983, 1996, 1999 & 2000; there were no trades generated by the system? You can't have an idle system. Even worse, 2001 & 2002 was a big losing interval. Imagine somebody putting money in the system in 1999, having no trades done for two years and then 2001 & 2002 being a big drawdown. That's not a recipe for success. The JYP/Japanese Yen System is "backwards". There's big profits from 1977-1987. From 2000 to today, the present time, there's been consistent losses. You want to "reverse" those results somehow to show that your system has improved over time instead of having degraded over time. The only positive thing I can say is that you seem willing to work hard to develop systems. Try to extract better consistency in the results. Keep at it.

4. naz9403

naz9403

Thank you for the comments.
    Even though it puts a damper on the results it is necessary information that i greatly appreciate you for sharing with me.

Will keep at it.

The 0 indicates no trade was made for that year, the system was not shut off just nothing set up in order to trade