Honda or Chevy?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by cashmoney69, Nov 25, 2006.

which one?

1. Chevy Cobalt

5 vote(s)
    14.7%
  2. Honda Si

29 vote(s)
    85.3%
  1. If it's between those two, id take the Honda - Cavaliers, I mean Cobalts suck. However, I would look at other alternatives - if you're looking for style and speed a 3 series BMW is perfect, or even an M3 if that's within your budget :)

-TheActionKid

#21     Nov 27, 2006
  2. "Chevy Cobalt"? Why would anyone even bother. They make a lousy rental car, only reason for their existance.

How much of a budget do you have? Many alternatives.

c

#22     Nov 27, 2006
  3. Actually, I think that the latest style change to the BMW was for the worse. They looked better before. In fact, I would go so far as to say that the 3 series a couple of years ago was the best looking car out there: good looking, but not overstated. Unfortunately, BMWs are not as reliable as their Japanese counterparts.

If the original poster has any regard for money, and if he is a member of AAA, then he should speak with their automotive advisory service and ask about the reliability and resale value of the cars he is considering.

#23     Nov 27, 2006
  4. maxpi

maxpi

Another reason to scrap sensibility and get a Camaro, they are going up in value.

#24     Nov 27, 2006
  5. 350 z's are nice.

#25     Nov 27, 2006
  6. I may be way off here, but as I recall Camaros were not particularly road worthy. Scrapped sensibility indeed. It was a "sporty" car with all the agility of a station wagon.

#26     Nov 27, 2006
  7. drive both and see for yourself!

would you buy a car without test driving it?

i personally dont find that chevy cars are designed very comfortably. that plus the fact that they are crap quality makes me say go with honda. cant go wrong with toyota either.

#27     Nov 27, 2006
  8. Disagree.....buy the current Saabaru (Saab) 9-2X if you want the wrx drivetrain with much better trim and interior. Otherwise just wait for the new Evolution X or STI that will be brand new body styles next year. Why buy the wrx just before the new body style change....no thanks.

BTW, you can get the brand new Saab 9-2X (Saab's version of the Subaru wrx wagon) for up to $6,000 off MSRP right now.....they are dealing!

http://www.caranddriver.com/roadtests/8196/2005-saab-9-2x-aero.html

http://www.saabcentral.com/features/9-2x_index.php

#28     Nov 28, 2006
  9. Cutten

Cutten

Forget straight-line performance. It takes no skill to simply mash an accelerator.

It's not what you drive, it's how you drive it. A rally drive in a stock Civic would go faster than a normal guy in a Ferrari on a twisty road. Go on some track days (I believe they are called "driver's ed" days there in the US) and learn how to actually corner at speed. Unless your tyres are squealing every time you corner on the road (outside residential districts of course), then you are a slow driver.

It's much cheaper and more fun to upgrade your driving skills than your car. There are few things cooler than driving a piece of junk and leaving a brand new Porsche or BMW for dead on a good driver's road, simply due to your skills and experience behind the wheel. Find a good performance driving school and go for it, it will be much more fun than just trading up at the local car dealership.

#29     Nov 29, 2006
  10. Cutten

Cutten

No. This is a car that does all the work for the driver. It requires *no skill* to go fast in a WRX. Try going fast in a 1960s RWD chevy with drum brakes and period rubber, now *that* is hard.

#30     Nov 29, 2006