Honda Motor Company

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by ByLoSellHi, Dec 21, 2006.

1. I will buy-in when they start making a car that someone over 6' tall can drive comfortably.

#11     Dec 22, 2006

2. Oh gee, another 2000 post troll climbing out of his diaper behind a computer screen to add to his verbal diahrria with a mere line..

Chart says it all, but I suppose.....eh......traders .......eh........trade off PE's FCF. ROI, unit volume, and a host of other historic bullshit.

#12     Dec 22, 2006
  3. (Yawn...)

Try spell check next time, Einstein.

---------------------------------------

Sorry BLSH, for the flame. This little whiner sent me a PM whining about my question.

I think you're right on the money with Honda. It's gotta be a core holding for your long-term account, and accumulating here seems safe.

#13     Dec 22, 2006
  4. No problem, Nik. I understand and wish people would only post constructive comments, as you have in this thread.

Thanks for your feedback. I appreciate it.

HMC is definitely a long term, core position for me. I think Honda is well positioned to grow overseas at a fast clip, and I also think of it as a hedge play against a falling USD and rising oil prices.

I want to wish you and everyone else on ET a happy Holiday Season, and hope everyone here has their best year in 2007. :D

ByLo

#14     Dec 22, 2006
  5. Whiner? I write when I've got something with at least a glimmer of substance to say, rather than than writing to see myself in print. Your..........eh.........2000 worthelss posts speaks volumes. Unfortunately, not in the context you intend.

I wonder how many are "one lines" of nothing? More importantly, I wonder IF your profits are on par with your frequency. Hell, I wonder IF you even trade?

As fur my spellin' as with most consistent traders, I think conceptually since tops and bottoms are elusive. I have every cinfidence even YOU got the gist.

As for Honda, the clown that intiiated this thread is going to buy anyway. Probably trying to convince himself. Ratiionalizing with PE's , free cash flow, pithy little news items, etc. etc.

The chart should say it all. Apparently not. Core holding? To.eh......constructively quantify, 12 points over the last 2 years is 1/2 point per MOTH. Per share. During a pretty good bull market leg.

12.5 cents per week.

2.5 cents per day, net.

Can't compute the hourly without using mils.

ATR is presently 49 cents. Relative to the prevailing price is 1.27% Hardly a trading vehicle. This is a trading site.

Take me up on my open invitation, and let's see WHO'S little....and hollow.

#15     Dec 22, 2006
  6. LEVERAGE baby LEVERAGE! :D

#16     Dec 22, 2006

7. River of fish. Why tie up capital on sub-optimal positons?

Besides. HMC, at $38 in May of '06 was POOF, $29 1/4 in June of '06. That's -23% nominal. Add leverage and stir.

And....it's taken 6 months to crawl back to $38.50.

#17     Dec 22, 2006
  8. I've made $16,000+ on HMC since the last week of June.

Should I have been in Hansen's instead?

It's ATR is much greater than HMC.

Teach me.

#18     Dec 22, 2006
  9. Teach you? I'm busy learning lessons from Mister Market everyday. Often with headfakes and consequent tuition. Besides, you're a bottom feeder in the river of fish. Safe and cozy. Seriously, now just WHAT would YOU know about Honda's management?

As for your $16,000 over 6 months, just think what you'd had IF you'd shorted at $38 and covered where you bought? And.......in a mere ......... month. Same dollar move. Position size would have differed. 1 rather than 6 ( but of course subject to re-investment risk)

Or........bought (and sold) something with volatility again and again. Trading afterall, is a series of transactions with re-investment risk accepted. And......this is a trading website.

Can you imagine what HMC's numbers would look like IF they turned over their Accords , Goldwings, and generators only once every 6 months?

Woulda coulda shoulda. "A rising tide lifts all boats". A weak dollar probably didn't hurt either.

#19     Dec 22, 2006
  10. A rising tide didn't help HANS, which like I said, has a much greater ATR than HMC.

I would have lost 38% had I made that same trade in HANS as I did in HMC when I did.

If your point is that one can make a lot more money with a high beta stock over the same time frame compared with a low beta one, I agree.

The converse is also true.

I guess it all boils down to personalities and risk tolerance. You seem to have a much higher risk tolerance than I do. I don't think that's a good or bad thing - it just is.

As to your other points - about Honda's management and business model - aren't those the fundamentals you at least implied are irrelevant?

I already stated that part of the reason I'm think of adding to my position in HMC is because of the risk of rising oil prices (HMC produces fuel efficient vehicles) and the weakness in the USD (versus the euro and yen). I think that's at least logical - whether I am further rewarded for that logic remains to be seen.

And thanks for not referring to me as a 'clown' in your last response. That's some progress, at least IMO.

#20     Dec 22, 2006