Homophobes. what religion does to your mind.

Discussion in 'Religion and Spirituality' started by Free Thinker, Mar 15, 2012.

1. Good and evil, civility and hatred, all those decisions can be made with or without invoking Jesus. It does seem a bit weird how so many of faith, Jesus and other entities, cannot seem to follow the path he outlined regarding the treatment of others if they don't agree on basic philosophy.

c

#51     Mar 17, 2012
  2. Well I find it quite odd that mockers of said entities are quick to invoke their interpretation of said entity's proscriptions on behavior :just as a weapon or get out of jail free cards.

nice try

The bottom line is you think we are weak and stupid, neither is the case.

#52     Mar 17, 2012
  3. Which 'we' are you referring to? I don't recall calling anyone weak or stupid, especially as a class or blanket statement. And, as my education tells me, Jesus was a living human being who preached about love and caring. The part about his Father is still being discussed 1000's of years later, with no possible answer in sight.

c

#53     Mar 17, 2012

4. You are kidding right?

If you go and pick up futurecurrents dropped rifle and keep heading my way don't be surprised if I send few few rounds aimed at your head.

#54     Mar 17, 2012
  5. Medic, Medic. What in the heck is wrong with you? You're threatening to kill someone you don't even know? What weird psychosis is this?

I guess you've answered the OP's question.

c

#55     Mar 17, 2012
  6. I've threatened no one, ever head of metaphors?
    What is it with you liberal pansies, always thinking someone is threatening you?

#56     Mar 17, 2012
  7. Not exactly a metaphor my friend: 'don't be surprised if I send few few rounds aimed at your head..'

I'm sorry if English is your second language of course.

c

#57     Mar 17, 2012
  8. Talk to Mr. hitman, american hero, whatever, he's then guy who feels threatened by everything, hardly a liberal guy IMO.

c

#58     Mar 17, 2012
  9. rcn10ec

rcn10ec

Accepted.

I know, this is a little "churchy"... He loves the sinner - He hates the sin.

#59     Mar 18, 2012

10. If Jesus knew what we know now about homosexuality, he would not consider it a sin. That's where understanding is so important, as it was for him.

#60     Mar 20, 2012