Homophobes. what religion does to your mind.

Discussion in 'Religion and Spirituality' started by Free Thinker, Mar 15, 2012.

1. I doubt he is 12, the poster is highlighting civic responsibility.People have a choice, they are not compelled to act in spite of genetics.

#41     Mar 16, 2012
  2. Brass

Brass

Nutmeg, even though you're a fairly smart guy, I disagree with you on most matters. You're just being obtuse here. Orientation is not a choice for gays any more than it is a choice for you or me. As for the criminals to which the school kid compared orientation, I thought I already gave you the approporiate response in another thread:

http://www.answers.com/topic/non-sequitur

#42     Mar 16, 2012
  3. So it's not a choice for them. It only happens to a small minority of the population. Engaging in it hurts no-one. But you think you should be able to tell them what to do because the idea of it bothers you. So it's freedom and liberty..... for only certain folks that are intolerant like you.

#43     Mar 16, 2012
  4. Just to put this whole "born gay" bullshit to rest here is an article written during the time when prop 8 was in the news. Two brothers debating about gay marriage. One was straight, one was gay...the kicker? They are identical twins.

So lets put it to rest that they are NOT born that way and its NOT genetic. These twins prove it 100% beyond a doubt its not genetic.

http://write-on.hubpages.com/hub/Id...Gay-One-Straight-a-Dialogue-Same-Sex-Marriage

Those that say it is a choice...well it is, and it isnt. Its a learned behavior, the same way say trying a new food is. You arent just born liking certain flavors. When you are young and you are hungry, your parents fed you certain things, the more hungry you were when you first tried them, the more you liked them. Everything you like and hate is based off some kind of emotional response to actions that have happened in your past and how much you think about them. When you learn a behavior and you continue to feed it by thinking about it all the time, then its a choice to keep thinking about it. Thats why so many homos are sex crazed freaks.

#44     Mar 16, 2012
  5. What about the parents? Doesnt it hurt the parents to know their kids are gay. Yeah, I know parents will say "Oh we love our kid anyway" but make no mistake...they are hurt.

Also, they hurt themselves. HIV started with Homosexuals, so they are hurting themselves. Also accepting them as normal will just breed more homosexuals as more and more people think there is "nothing wrong with it" which in turn will bring more disease and more embarrassment/shame to families, ect.

So they do hurt others by their actions.

#45     Mar 16, 2012
  6. Homophobes cannot change their biases any more than a gay person can suddenly become straight. One is genetic, one is simply lack of education, the cause of much hatred and bias.

As GHW Bush said ' we need to leave the bigotry and bias behind. A kinder and gentler America.'

c

#46     Mar 16, 2012
  7. rcn10ec

rcn10ec

Well, futurecurrents... let me just say you are wrong about what I think. I DON'T think I should be able to tell them what to do. Sure, I will say that I think it is wrong and that is un-natural/abnormal behavior. (By the way, that does not mean I hate them.) The way we as male/female are designed/evolved (whichever way you believe) acknowledges that much.
    I just don't like that it is being taught in society/schools that it is normal behavior. You may be gay for all I know... just keep it to yourself. I'm straight... I'll keep that to myself.

While I'm at it, let me just say I think it goes back a little farther than the straight/gay thing. I feel the same way about creation/big bang being taught in school to my kids. If it can't be proven... they should leave it alone. Why can't scientists/teachers just say, "Well, we just don't know for sure. At this point in time we still don't have enough evidence to come to a conclusion." If little Johnny really gives a big rat he'll figure out, in due time, which side he wants to take.

#47     Mar 17, 2012
  8. I post the results of some 16 studies that show physiological differences between gays and straights and you post something about one instance of a contradiction, and that's supposed to negate all the other studies?

I'll offer something else here. My younger brother, by three years, is gay. We were raised the same. He did NOT choose to be gay. We have talked about it. Who would choose to be gay? He envies the fact that I have a daughter. His feelings while growing up caused him a lot a trouble. To counter these feelings he became a bully. I did not even know he was gay until we were in our twenties. The idea that someone would choose such a difficult route is absurd.

One of the theories of what causes men to be gay is pre-natal exposure to testosterone in the womb. Each male child born to a woman increases subsequent levels. So that the more older brothers one has the more likely he is to be gay. I would have had an older brother had he not died at birth. Thus my brother is the third male born to my mom.

But I wouldn't want to contradict your ignorance based beliefs, so be all means, if it hurts your ego to consider the facts then continue on being ignorant. Just don't be surprised if people with a little more knowledge and tolerance get angry about it. Especially when you try to restrict gays rights or disrespect them.

#48     Mar 17, 2012
  9. I apologize for leaping to conclusions about what you think. As you can probably tell, this issue gets me going, see above. Sometimes my emotions get the better of me. I just ask that you look inside your heart for the tolerance and understanding that Jesus would have, and that should include the recent knowledge and science about it.

#49     Mar 17, 2012
  10. Coming from an atheist with an axe to grind invoking jesus in an attempt to plead for mercy is just well , disgusting but LAUGHABLE:D

#50     Mar 17, 2012