Homeschooling produces Higher test scores. Traditional education is a scam.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by wilburbear, Sep 11, 2011.

1. loik

loik

What stupid things?

#31     May 19, 2012
  2. loik

loik

The Nobel Peace Price is awarded by a committee appointed by the norwegian parliament(mostly social democrats).

#32     May 19, 2012
  3. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

Seriously. School teaches you more than just science and math. It teaches you how to cope socially, how to be on a team through sports, how to compete academically, etc. None of those things you get in home schooling.

#33     May 19, 2012
  4. Ricter

Ricter

I agree, you and I think that's important. But consider if there is bias in the home-school family cohort--on average, someone has to stay home, meaning the other someone has to be well compensated. Do wealthier families think it important that their kids mix with the "unwashed masses"?

Just an idea, no data to support... : )

#34     May 19, 2012
  5. We have two families with home-schooled kids in our neighbohood. The home-schooled kids participate in little league, the local club soccer league, park tennis tournaments, boy scouts, girl scouts, compete in science fairs, and I see them out playing and riding their bikes with other kids in the neighborhood every day. These kids don't look socially deprived to me.

#35     May 19, 2012
  6. pspr

pspr

Good point. It teaches kids how to socialize and interact with their peers.

#36     May 19, 2012
  7. Fuck you

#37     May 19, 2012
  8. Ricter

Ricter

No, please, tell us what you really think. ; )

Seriously, though, the title of this thread is an overstatement, traditional education is not a "scam", it's a product of our history.

#38     May 19, 2012
  9. Home schooling rocks.

Public education is organized crime.

#39     May 19, 2012
  10. No. Freaks as in people who are socially stunted/retarded and cannot coexist with society.

#40     May 19, 2012