Homer Simpson is a Republican

Discussion in 'Politics' started by StreamlineTrade, Jun 22, 2006.

Is Homer a Republican?

1. Yes

9 vote(s)
    47.4%
  2. No

10 vote(s)
    52.6%
  1. He doesn't hate Flanders for political or ideological reasons. He hates Flanders because Flanders has more stuff. Homer is too zany and simple minded to be an ideologue.

#11     Jun 23, 2006
  2. ok but you can't possibly tell me that Flanders is not a republican on the show? way too many strange things he does. Plus the fact that he won't drive drunk seals it!

#12     Jun 23, 2006
  3. Shortly after Bush was awarded the presidency following the recount events of 2000, I remember a Flanders quote where he disclosed outright that he is in fact a Republican. Something like "...it's just like how <b>we</b> just stole the presidency."

#13     Jun 23, 2006
  4. StreamlineTrade

StreamlineTrade Guest

Wow! Spot on I think. Especially regarding Skinner - def a neocon there!

What about that kid who always punches people and goes 'Haaa-Haaa'? He makes me laugh. I always used to think he was Barney Grumboles kid but I'm not so sure.

Moe the bar tender has always made me think. I wonder what side of the card he puts his mark?

Interesting how Bart the reble is seen as the one who will do better in life financially. Are we traders social rebles rejecting the 9-5 merry-go-round?

#14     Jun 23, 2006
  5. StreamlineTrade

StreamlineTrade Guest

Who would make the best trader?

Millhouse the quant?

BArt would be ok in the pit, but I cant see him behind the screens.

Something tells me Monty Burns would be good. After all, he could probably move the market :D

#15     Jun 23, 2006
  6. Bart changes his name to Philip J. Fry, grows his spikey hair out a bit and dyes it red. He moves out of Springfield to pursue a career as a pizza delivery guy in New York. On New Year's eve he accidently gets stuck in a cryofreeze tube, and wakes up in the year 3000. His best friend is a drunken robot who's primary function is to bend things. Ironically his name is Bender Bending Rodriguez. Fry has a crush on a female co-worker named Leela, who also happens to be a cyclops. (apparently even she's out of his league) He works for a shipping magnate that might have actually been older than Mr Burns, had he not actually been Mr. Burns' clone... (and somehow he's also Fry's oldest living relative, which can only mean that Mr. Burn's was actually Bart's father :eek: ) He also has co-workers named Zoidberg, who is a giant alien lobster masquerading as a competent Doctor; Hermes, who is a Jamaican limbo king; and Amy, who is an intern who doesn't actually work.

It's all really funny and a very nice, much needed, change of pace but then the new show gets cancelled, while the old one is still on life support from the coma it slipped into back in 1994...

Futurama 2008!

#16     Jun 23, 2006
  7. Flanders is on a first name basis with Ralph Reed. That he is Republican goes without saying.

Burns buys influence wherever he can.

Many of the characters are apolitical or hard to forecast. Moe is apolitical probably. Smithers is a curious one. Perhaps he votes with Streisand.

The best trader: I got to go with Monty Burns. I think he is doing secret commodity deals for hundreds of millions of dollars in countries with international embargoes.

#17     Jun 23, 2006
  8. Correct me if I am wrong but don't the current occupants of the White House (Bush/Cheney) have a total of 3 DUI's between them?

Oh and while we are at it with the charcaters......... Montgomery Burns = REPUBLICAN to the core.

#18     Jun 23, 2006
  9. [​IMG]

Alcohol is the cause of and the soultion to all life's problems.

mmm... BEER!

-Homer Simpson

#19     Jun 23, 2006
  10. Nelson's the kid that goes "haa-haaa"...

As a matter of fact there was an episode where Monty(Burns) tries to elect himself as mayor because his power plant was offending so much regulation.

Well, the story started off as Monty getting drunk in his car (at the plant parking lot) and Homer waking up late at night from work. (He over-slept for going home at work) Monty was down due to his plant being shut down and Homer suggests that he becomes a politician to change the rules around.

Due to that suggestion, Monty gets together on a Republican secret meeting late at night and gets the support of his fellow Springfield Republicans (Dr. Hibbert, Krusty the Clown, Kent Brockman and I think others) to run for mayor. Homer supports Monty regardless of Marge's preference (Mayor... um Lovejoy was it... the old lady) which is Democratic.

So the fact is Homer has supported the Republicans. So regardless of the assumptions, there's been an episode mentioning Homer's political activities. Nothing to debate about.

Well, I'm a big Simpsons fan.

#20     Jun 24, 2006