Homepage redesign

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by DT-waw, Oct 4, 2001.

1. kenstl

kenstl

Hey Baron,

I searched through the threads to see if anyone else has been having this problem, but I was unable to find anything, so if this has already been posted, I apologize.

Since the redesign, I now have to log in every time I open the ET page, which I didn't have to do before. Cookies are enabled specifically for elitetrader.com in IE 6. I don't think it's anything I've done, since the only thing that has changed since the problem appeared is the webpage design.

BTW, (and not to blow sunshine up your ass since you hear this constantly) the page is great and has been extremely helpful, especially in terms of finding the right data feed, software, technical issues, etc.

Thank you very much for providing this service to a bunch of bastard traders. :D

-Ken

#31     Nov 3, 2001
  2. Magna

Magna Administrator

Thank you very much for providing this service to a bunch of bastard traders.

I resemble that... :)

#32     Nov 3, 2001
  3. Grabbit

Grabbit

I preferred the old home page, giving the hot topics at a glance, I think it takes more time now to find sometething back. But I guess I'll get used to this new design.

Great pity the Hardware section (outside the Forums) has been removed. I also miss the 'Rate your broker' section, but I guess you got too many lawsuit threats from upset brokers... I was gonna suggest a similar thing for datafeed providers, but that's out of the question now, I suppose. :(

#33     Nov 4, 2001
  4. Sorry I liked the old site better. I couldn't find the hardware section, nor the broker ratings immediately. Keep in mind that the ratings brought me to EliteTrader in the first place through a search engine. Basically IMO the message board took over the homepage however the site is much more than just a forum for traders. Also I see threads in different categories where I posted that seem active but nobody posted since the last time I checked. This is because there is nothing to indicate where the most recents posts are. The home page doesn't look like a homepage it 's like the site is under construction . I think the previous homepage displayed the ET logo prominently the workstation guide and the broker ratings were immediately noticed that was very cool. Now the design is less sophisticated. If I can make a suggestion : I would put a link to what's now the homepage on a new homepage with more graphics and ads (there is only one banner ad now)and with the broker ratings, book review and PC guide shown as before( I mean more room to them ), and the most active threads. My 2cents...

#34     Nov 6, 2001
  5. ddefina

ddefina

Starting to like the layout of the new site now. Good job Baron.

:)

#35     Nov 8, 2001
  6. Baron,

I now only use the main homepage and go to new messages directly from there. The only exception is the Trading forum.
    Are you planning on displaying more threads on the main page for that forum like I suggested above (possibly removing a few from the inactive forums) or do you like the symmetry of the main page and don't want to mess with the layout even if a change would increase functionality?

voodoo

#36     Nov 12, 2001