Homeless finds US bonds in trash

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by Pekelo, Jul 26, 2006.

1. how would the homeless man have cash in those bonds if they were not in his name???:confused:

#11     Jul 26, 2006
  2. "....Hey Mortimer....... we're back in business....."

#12     Jul 26, 2006
  3. Of course this isn't 1955 anymore and the bonds were worthless to the person who found them. News to you pack of market experts savings bonds have not been issued in bearer form for almost 50 years now. It was however a nice gesture but not really worth more than the $100.

#13     Jul 27, 2006
  4. Surdo

Surdo

Were they not worth something to the owner?
    Try adding some value to the site instead of running your mouth.

#14     Jul 27, 2006
  5. Sorry you can't read dude, the owner is dead.........and his family probably had them reissued or cashed during probate. They tossed them because they are worthless. Thanks for adding your obvious expertise.

#15     Jul 27, 2006
  6. sulli

sulli

and then the a**hole bum pulled them out of the bond holder's own garbage can.

The bum should be arrested! ...lol

#16     Jul 27, 2006
  7. Surdo

Surdo

Show me where they were re-issued, and the man is dead asshole! The son was mentioned, no mention of a dead man.

I doubt you even have a trading account PIKER.

#17     Jul 27, 2006
  8. sammybea

sammybea

#18     Jul 27, 2006
  9. Surdo

Surdo

Where can I send the flowers?

#19     Jul 27, 2006
  10. I believe the comment they" tracked down the family of the man who HAD owned them" not they "tracked down the holders family" should give you a clue. This is nothing but a feel good story written by a " the man is always screwing us" member of the press. :eek:

#20     Jul 27, 2006