Homeland Security Running Pedophile Stings

Discussion in 'Politics' started by pspr, Mar 9, 2011.

1. pspr

pspr

In an aggressive bid to entice prospective “sex tourists,” the Department of Homeland Security last year launched an undercover web site that purported to arrange trips from the U.S. to Canada, where clients could engage in sexual activity with minors.

Is this really the purpose of the Department of Homeland Security? Shouldn't they leave this sort of stuff to the FBI? Maybe most terrorist are pedophiles and they are building a database of perverts to investigate. I see all sorts of problems with the DHS running these stings. "Out Of Control", is the first thing that comes to mind.

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/documents/internet/undercover-web-site-derailed-hosting-firm

2. It's not politically correct to really secure our borders or even acknowledge that islamofascism is a threat. I'm all for ridding the world of pedophiles but until DHS gets the border and terrorist issues solved I think they should leave that to other law enforcement agencies. Just like NASA should be doing the space program, not Muslim outreach.