Homebuyers now stepping away real estate, blaming it on the bear market drop.

Discussion in 'Economics' started by S2007S, Aug 22, 2011.

1. the price of housing is stupid

still.

hope it gets cut in half from here.

real estate agents are professional pumpers

#21     Aug 22, 2011
  2. S2007S

S2007S

Real estate agents are certainly professional pumpers, this weekend go to any open house and just talk with the real estate pumper for 5 mins and watch how positive they are on the entire housing market, they will ALWAYS say its a great time to buy, I remember looking at places a few years back and every one of them was saying now is the time to buy, fast forward and some of those properties dropped 10-20% months later. I think I may do that this weekend, I need a good laugh!

#22     Aug 22, 2011
  3. achilles28

achilles28

Same with CTA's and financial advisers. Always a great buying opportunity...

#23     Aug 22, 2011
  4. Roark

Roark

Asking a realtor whether it's time to buy is like asking a barber if you need a haircut.

#24     Aug 22, 2011
  5. lol, too true.

98% of our society are "perma bulls" of some variety.

#25     Aug 22, 2011
  6. clacy

clacy

Never, ever look to a salesperson who is incentivized to sell you a product or service, for an honest, unbiased opinion.

Of course they are going to compile a reasonable argument for why it's a good time to buy their product, so they can make a commission.

#26     Aug 22, 2011
  7. tyrant

tyrant

That's what I was thinking too. How much is the value of the property to pay 50k tax per year?

#27     Aug 23, 2011
  8. Where I live, my rent is actually more than what it costs to buy. I'm planning on buying around 2013, plus there's this uncertainty around the homeowner's mortgage deduction. If they change that, then the market will price that into home prices and home prices should fall a little bit more on top of that.

#28     Aug 23, 2011

9. Bullshit. Post a link to a property with the taxes listed or else stop spouting BS.

#29     Aug 23, 2011
  10. Where I live, about 4-5 million. Just property taxes on their own come out to a little over 1% per year.

Lots of houses here in the 5-25 million range.

#30     Aug 23, 2011