Home sleep aid/remedy

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by mxjones, Jan 3, 2007.

1. Pekelo

Pekelo

red wine makes you live longer...

You can drink anything with moderation..

#41     Jan 9, 2007
  2. Except brake fluid.......heard an unfortunate story about that once.
    And perhaps acid.
    Mind you, a lot of wine does kinda taste like acid.........

#42     Jan 9, 2007
  3. Get yourself a girlfriend who is a nurse anesthetist who's born on Elvis's birthday.

:D :D :D

ps. inside joke

#43     Jan 10, 2007
  4. The studies show 1-2 glasses - actually most studies not all - of any liquor is good for the heart. Any more is bad for the heart and definitely bad for your testosterone. If there's one thing a guy doesn't need is more estrogen.

Red wine has resveratol which has done very well in many studies. I'd recommend anyone to have some every day...

#44     Jan 10, 2007
  5. But don't take any wine or drink to help you sleep. The studies show it interferes with REM.

#45     Jan 10, 2007
  6. Thanks shoeshine, for singlehandedly (no pun intended) destroying the masculinity of so many alco's. Yes, thanks, jolly good job, say what.

Has no-one tried my chai tea recipe?????????

It works people, it plain old do'es the job.
    Lights out, dreamyland.
    I'd re-post the actual recipe, but , you know....has nobody tried it??

Rennick, you wily fox, not everyone has that kind of pharmaceautical understanding with their partner, i mean , chloroform can only go so far in a relationship...........before the nasty recriminations etc.

:D

#46     Jan 10, 2007
  7. Post the recipe if you get a chance. But one question: do you ever wake up? :)

#47     Jan 10, 2007
  8. Try this, taken a half hour or so before sleepy time, re; chai tea.

Into one cup of water,

2xtablespoons of fennel seeds, lightly crushed in mortar and pestle if you can;

1x stick of cinamon, the bark variety, in said mixture;

Nutmeg, a teaspoon of powdered will suffice, i dont know for certain what it may look like naturally.

Add chamomile tea, or other supposed sleep freindly teas to this,

Bring to the simmer, for say 20 minutes, strain, and add a cup or two of your favorite dairy milk, cream is also tasty.with a tablespoon or two of honey, reheat to a low simmer, and serve.

Sleepy time

:)

#48     Jan 10, 2007
  9. C'mon!! That's a lot of nutmeg there good buddy!

Taking lots of nutmeg is a poor man's 60's/70's psychedelic thing since it has a nerve toxin that will get you high - somewhat similar to marijuana. Trust me - I know people who have done it.

I wouldn't mess with that much nutmeg myself...

#49     Jan 10, 2007
  10. Just google on nutmeg poisoning and you can read all about it...

#50     Jan 10, 2007