Home sales will be down

Discussion in 'Trading' started by hajimow, Aug 24, 2010.

1. hajimow

hajimow

Well I already knew that like everyone else and it was already priced in the market. Anything new?

I am buying at the open dip

2. Bob111

Bob111

while i agree about the numbers, there is always possibility of surprise.good one or bad, that not "priced in" yet :p

3. Good luck...

4. Home sales way down.........can't believe how housing prices are holding up in my town.

5. Mnphats

Mnphats

My area as well....

At some point sellers will be hitting the bid.

6. hajimow

hajimow

Do a math. Go to your home and put everything that is in your house and calculate its value. Door, drywall, light fixtures, tile, hardwood floor, carpet, fridge, roof, heating system, ..... and you will see that many houses are sold at discount and if you want to build the same house now it will cost you more.

This drop is the same drop that we had after cash for clunkers expired. Sales should pick up in the next two months. Interest rates are in historically low. The fact that property values are not dropping confirms my point.

7. Bob111

Bob111

good call!

8. Eight

Eight

I have a rental in a very price-volatile area, I looked it up on Zillow last night, it's down 40% from just a few months ago... I don't worry about it, it's volatile, it will be up 300% from where it is now in a few years assuming that the govt spending has not found it's natural limit where it kills off the economy, and that is not to be ruled out at this point either...

9. Wow talk about perma-bulls , care to shear whatever it is your drinking with us? This is a huge catalyst to why the markets are not correcting as should be, willful ignorance :confused:

10. the price of housing was obscene for decades.

will take decades to get the stench out

#10     Aug 24, 2010