Home Made Software

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by CajunFarmer, May 30, 2018.

Are the charts of any value

1. yes

66.7%
  2. No

33.3%
  1. I am a Retired Accountant who writes software as a hobby. I started back in the 1980s
    on an Apple 2e. Attach are screen shots of some of my different charts. I would appreciate feedback as to it's value as trading tool.

Thank you
    CajunFarmer

Last edited: May 30, 2018
  2. truetype

truetype

You're certainly using every pixel! What GUI toolset is that?

3. outdated software that Microsoft does not support anymore

4. Snuskpelle

Snuskpelle

Visual Basic 5?

• I miss the java applet look.
    • No eye candy - just functionality.

5. Simples likes this.
  6. I am an not a trained programmer . I am an accountant who was tired of programmers not giving me exactly what I wanted but what they thought I needed.

7. Simples

Simples

I voted No: Obsolete software, the charts old/static;) and screen very busy.

However, if your programming fills your needs and works as intended, then obviously it works for you and you should be proud.

Problem is that you really need to do as you did: start design from scratch to fulfill various needs and requirements. You may not fully know them all at first, but iteratively, you should be able to do improvements. If you can prevent making things worse as well, you can only go up and should be able to reach some goal sooner or later depending on complexity.

Making a finished product however, requires a salesman and some convincing of the turd's value :p Plus MUCH more work into R&D and testing..

So now you're the programmer offering something that isn't what most need :D

8. Thank you for your reply
    It is helpful

CajunFarmer

Simples likes this.
  9. ET180

ET180

My advice is to not ask what others think you should be doing. Learn to trade first and then look for opportunities to apply software. If making money just came down to software, then computer scientists would be making all the money. Also don't worry if the software language is obsolete or not, if it works for you, that's all you need. The detractors here can't make what you did.

#10     May 31, 2018