Homage to Herzliya; Homage to Herzliya

Discussion in 'Politics' started by WAEL012000, Jul 2, 2007.

1. Right you are!! I cannot belive that I am agreeing wid ya one more time!!

Except, you forgot to do, or maybe omitted, further research about us.

"Posted at Mar 17/2007 06:43PM:
    Harry: An Arab group originally hailing from the urban centers of South Arabia, who then migrated up the western Arabian coast to a solidified domain in the Hawran (southwest Syria) and Golan Heights (northeast Israel) by 529-569 CE. Here, they established a capital called Jabiya, as well as a possible second capital at Jalliq, although archaeological proof of the latter settlement has yet to be verified. The Ghassanids became embroiled in the imperial clash between the Byzantines and the Persians as both empires began to encroach upon the Middle East region. This lead the Ghassanids (who supported the Byzantines) to also clash with the Lakhmid Arab tribe, who were supporters of the Persians. A major defeat of the Lakhmids occurred in 554 CE near the site of Qinnasrin, and by 578 CE, the Ghassanids were able to capture and burn the Lakhmid capital of al-Hira. The Ghassanids were paid by the Byzantines to control the borders of the Byzantine realm (the "limes").
    There has been some debate about the issue of whether the Ghassanids constituted a settled group, versus the stereotype of Arabs as nomads. Recent scholarship has led many to believe that they were in fact a sedentary group, their settlements replete with major architectural structures (such as lavish churches with mosaics, gathering houses, etc.) as well as tents of less-settled ethnic suburbs on the outskirts ("hadir"). However, because later Umayyad dynasty structures were built in close proximity to or made use of earlier Ghassanid structures, the destruction of Umayyad structures by the opposing Abbasid dynasty may have also destroyed crucial evidence for the proof of the Ghassanids as a settled people."

http://proteus.brown.edu/arabiaandarabs/1898

Oopppps!!!

#21     Jul 3, 2007
  2. Christian gnostics....

http://www.religioustolerance.org/gnostic1.htm

Your mind sure is a dull instrument...

#22     Jul 3, 2007
  3. I do not only take pride...I worship my people!!!

What's there not to love!! The most beautiful, most educated, most down to earth, most resistant and patient, most resourceful and most down to earth.

If you saw how an old woman hugs an 4000 year old Roman olive tree before it is chopped by an Israeli bulldozer, you would also love and adore this nation.

If you saw how little girls set up makeshift schools at Israeli checkpoints because the Israeli occupation forces decided no to give them access to their schools, you would love and adore this nation.

If you saw how they sneak through the mountains to go around the road blocks to get to their schools, and work places, you would love and adore this nation.

If you saw how they still throw a joke here or there even though the Apache gunship is over head, you would love and adore this nation.

If you saw how this defenses nation stood in front of the fourth strongest army on earth, you would love and adore this nation.

If you saw how they turned their tent cities into vibrant ones, you would love and adore this nation.

Yes sir! I am a proud Palestinian who worships his people!

#23     Jul 3, 2007
  4. #24     Jul 3, 2007
  5. Sam321

Sam321

I think your little stint in Palestine got you to realize you weren’t “Arab enough” and you were ashamed. You were too white and Western for them to accept you, even though you tried your damnedest to fit in.

#25     Jul 3, 2007
  6. Let me ask you a question...What defines a Semitic race aside from the stupid concept of the Son of Noahwhich, if you want to believe this lie...We are!!!! Isn't it the language that these people speak? Isn't it namely Arabic, Hebrew, Amharic and Tigraniya??? Do not belive me?? go search it yourself.

What is a Palestinian? He is a member of a group of people that resided in a Greater Syrian region called Palestine. That Palestinian spoke the Arabic tongue. i.e. Semitic tongue.

So your "The vast majority of the Semitic race is not Palestinian" Who is the vast majority aside from Arabic, Hebrew, Amharic and Tigraniya speaking people???

Are you aware of something I am not aware of??? did they coin a new definition to what is semitic while I was away???

In regard to the Palestinian people not being a race, are Lebanese a race?? How about Syrians??? No??? How about Egyptians??? How about Iraqis??? How about Yemenis??? How about Saudis???

We are all Arab speaking yet each one of us belong to a different race which lives in an area. That area is known by a name!!!

In regard to "MY" own Arabs (Palestinians), I belive I have explained to you why love them.

#26     Jul 3, 2007
  7. perhaps u need to recheck your definitions... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Race

seems u r looking for someone to answer the question: why are u proud of being an arab... correct?

#27     Jul 3, 2007
  8. If you mean the Ghassasanite tribes. Well!! Building one of the greatest kingdoms of this region and having their roots in that land since the dawn of time. Also becoming part and parcel of the social fabric of this plot of land.

I found it interesting that you indicated that the vast majority of Palestinians are not semitic??? Are you aware of any other language that we speak aside from Arabic???

I am not being hostile but, honestly speaking, I found your statement that the vast majority of Palestinians are not Semitic to be both wrong and offensive!

#28     Jul 3, 2007
  9. and u r the guy who said "no need for the hostility"?

#29     Jul 3, 2007
  10. Okeeeeeeeeeeeeey...I will assume that your foul mood is due to the late hour.

This is why;

http://www.al-bab.com/arab/science.htm

Oh yeah, we also gave you 10,000 words and the navigation science that led you to the new world.

:D

#30     Jul 3, 2007