Holy Shit!

Discussion in 'Trading' started by nitro, Feb 27, 2007.

1. piezoe

piezoe

I know someone who tried to fade the gap today on the YM, hes down over $15,000. Talk about suicide alert. I feel so bad for this guy.

? Why would anyone try to fade the gap on a day like today given the futures that the market opened with and the market internals at 9:45 am???

#41     Feb 27, 2007
  2. i feel like i should've made much more :(

good to see the volatility back though. i bet all these algos that adjusted to smaller and smaller variations, destroying the volatility, are in for a rude awakening.

#42     Feb 27, 2007
  3. RsX

RsX

Happy B'day Steve

Couldn't even imagine these kind of moves ... guess it's true what they say - it always hits when the least of us know to expect it...

..but it's a beauty for the eyes :)

#43     Feb 27, 2007
  4. We made it!

#44     Feb 27, 2007
  5. <i>"I know someone who tried to fade the gap today on the YM, he's down over $15,000."</i>

There were a lot of lessons learned in the market today by traders who joined the game since mid-2003. Some of those lessons were terminal to trading accounts.

We've been saying this type of action is coming soon, heed the warning or suffer consequences. Markets are two-way vehicles. They head south with violence when propped for so long on air-pockets and stilts.

There were dips to buy with high probability today, but the opening gap sure wasn't one of them. Sell side all the way, until things were clearly overcooked.

Shades of 2002 all over again!

#45     Feb 27, 2007
  6. Happy Birthday Steve!!!!

Peeps, sell trailing stop limit orders are the way to fly when you have profits at risk.

#46     Feb 27, 2007
  7. MattF

MattF

Thank him for any profits you made over there today...

#47     Feb 27, 2007
  8. nitro

nitro

SIFs accelerated lower at the stock market close. Man that does not bode well for tomorrow...

nitro

#48     Feb 27, 2007
  9. Bernake probably editing his comments for tomorrow, he knows the markets want an ease or at least a move to neutral bias, so tomorrow he'll probably sound like a hardcore dove on inflation.

#49     Feb 27, 2007
  10. its amazing how different down markets are compared to up markets.

#50     Feb 27, 2007