Holy sh*t!

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Cutten, Apr 2, 2004.

1. Were they usually on the first Friday of the month as well ?

#31     Apr 2, 2004
  2. rjlund

rjlund

I understood your point. But it wasn't just commentary posted early, it was exact figures and analysis of those figures. And they were posted two minutes ahead of time. I'm just sayin'. I'm not surprised, just observing what happened.

#32     Apr 2, 2004
  3. Ah. Not being on a Reuters feed I didn't know that. Right, in that case it does reek of early release of embargoed numbers. Hm. Maybe Reuters *is* worth the money. :p

#33     Apr 2, 2004
  4. Of course they wrote it beforehand, as a template it's pretty easy; then with several templates it's pretty easy to just get the thing out in a couple of seconds.
    Elementary...
    :)

#34     Apr 2, 2004

5. you don't know what you are talking about going with the first move is asking for big trouble. Things like today don't happen vey often This is why when something like today happens the move is amplified because probably of those who fade the spike leading up to the announcement.

#35     Apr 2, 2004
  6. rjlund

rjlund

You didn't even have to pay for. It was on their free, public homepage for anyone to lucky enough to have hit their site between 8:28 and 8:29:59. How many people will be checking Reuters immediately before the next report comes out?:p As if they're gonna let that happen again.

This wasn't some templated article. It had EXACT numbers two minutes BEFORE the report was released.

#36     Apr 2, 2004

7. are you sure your clock is accurate? why would they get this befor ethe announcement?

#37     Apr 2, 2004
  8. Wag the Dog!:D :D :D

#38     Apr 2, 2004
  9. rjlund

rjlund

Reuters clock would be the real question. I got a screen capture of it and the time has since been changed on their homepage.

#39     Apr 2, 2004
  10. EBOAH

EBOAH

BLS sends the numbers out to the news wires like Reuters before the actual release time, it is called an EMBARGO with the understanding that the news wires will not release the information until the report should be release, at 8:30am ET.

It's quite obvious now, the reporter for Reuters, Tim Ahmann released the report before it was time, at 8:28 am ET

I say the FBI needs to check into this!

#40     Apr 2, 2004