Holy sh*t!

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Cutten, Apr 2, 2004.

1. Ditch

Ditch

Smart money? Nice way to describe a bunch of crooks:p

#11     Apr 2, 2004
  2. i'm psyched to trade the follow thru..

#12     Apr 2, 2004
  3. EtfTrader

EtfTrader Guest

Hey BungRider

Notice the time and date on that Reuters Release

I saw the same release being posted on Yahoo!.... Reuters is in major hot water imo. The editor as well as the reporter who wrote that article couldn't have possibly written that article out (its very lengthy).

BUSTED!

#13     Apr 2, 2004
  4. Eugene

Eugene

The dow bounced over 400 points in the past week. I would venture to say these numbers were already getting out.

#14     Apr 2, 2004
  5. Rich people getting inside information? Hold the presses :p

#15     Apr 2, 2004
  6. m22au

m22au

Bung do you have a link to that article?

#16     Apr 2, 2004
  7. Bsulli

Bsulli

The sharp drop in the bond market began several minutes before the 8:30 a.m. release time, Bloomberg reported. Labor Department officials said they have noticed speculative activity ahead of previous payroll reports, but promised to look into whether the data was selectively released earlier.

#17     Apr 2, 2004
  8. EtfTrader

EtfTrader Guest

http://biz.yahoo.com/rb/040402/economy_jobs_1.html

The link above says it all.

Reuters wrote that article and was privy to that information prior to the 8:30EST report.

THEY ARE BUSTED.

No reporter could have analyzed and written that much information out in that amount of time.

#18     Apr 2, 2004
  9. Ditch

Ditch

#19     Apr 2, 2004
  10. I would expect that the wire services write commentary both ways, park it, and then release the one that fits the facts a few seconds after the news, so the length of the story shouldn't work as an indicator in this context.

AFAIK some numbers also go out early to the wires under embargo and you'd have to be a real wide-eyed innocent to believe that no one gets wind of that and trades.

Interesting that Reuters was two minutes early, though. Dow Jones started putting it out at 13:30:04. If the Reuters timestamp is really two minutes earlier then either their reporters are faster or both providers had the news, embargoed, and Reuters pressed the button too early.

#20     Apr 2, 2004