Holy sh*t!

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Cutten, Apr 2, 2004.

1. Cutten

Cutten

The bonds!

2. amazing move I have seen in yrs ....

no position ... but still shaking ... just looking at my screen

3. Looks to me these f*cking IBanks had some advance info. It's outrageous, everything started moving 5 min before the announcement.

4. xs900

xs900

Had been long 1 dax after scaling back a losing position! - came over to post, went back and............wow! I can hardly type....closing up the shop for today (my balls aren't big enough)

5. lindq

lindq

Yes, unbelievable the insider trading. The futures took off two minutes before the public announcement. The public be damned.

6. EBOAH

EBOAH

Yep, once again market moved 2 minutes before the number!

Someone had advance info!

Several thousand (5,000+) ZB's traded from 113^13 - 112^08 two minutes before number!

:eek:

7. BKuerbs

BKuerbs

Just looked into my (somewhat outdated) statistics database: There have been 19 moves larger than one full point since the introduction of the Euro based FGBL (March 1999), all around this time of day.

But I suspect this one wins the speed competition. Have to break down the data into 1-minute data to figure that out.

The end of a dull day. Who said never short a dull market?

Regards

Bernd Kuerbs

8. Get with the program, man!!

9. Seems to me that the proper capitalist way to react to these advance orders is to ride on their coattails. Seriously, this has happened two months in a row now - I'll watch for it next time and jump in. Nothing wrong with following the smart money.

10. i'm psyched to watch the follow thru...

Top Stories
    March Job Growth Strongest in 4 Years
    Fri 8:28am ET - Reuters
    U.S. employment rose last month at the fastest pace in nearly four years, easily outstripping expectations, as workers returned after a grocery store strike and construction hiring bounced back on better weather, a government report on Friday showed.

#10     Apr 2, 2004