Holy Schmolley!!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Babak, Jun 16, 2002.

1. that would be pretty cool..if it worked good.

#11     Jun 17, 2002
  2. Bob777

Bob777

I worked at a major telecommunications supplier firm that was working on a VR keyboard and the paperless office. They had a lot of Jetson type ideas that were not ready for prime time or were cost prohibited.

#12     Jun 17, 2002

3. rot-roe.

#13     Jun 17, 2002
  4. One article on them says "no prices nor release dates yet". The website disclaimer states "The Virtual Keyboard is not endorsed by any device manufacturer and the third party devices depicted are used here for illustrative purposes only."

Do they even have a working model yet?

#14     Jun 17, 2002
  5. i wondered that too. look into it. siemens demonstrated it at a show...it supposedly "worked perfectly for reporters..."

#15     Jun 17, 2002
  6. Babak

Babak

Yes, they do have a working model. Its not perfect but much better than the Newton (remember that little jem from Apple?) at recognizing your intentions. I just think it is be the coolest thing since the invention of the mouse.

#16     Jun 17, 2002
  7. Rigel

Rigel

Australian scientisits have just succeeded in "teletransporting" a laser beam across a laboratory and say that they are very close to being able to transport a piece of matter. Get rid of your UPS stock.

#17     Jun 18, 2002
  8. skynet

skynet

wouldnt that be awesome if it could happen

#18     Jun 18, 2002
  9. sure. and it'll be foolproof, too, like cloning.

reminds me of the movie 'The Fly.'

#19     Jun 18, 2002
  10. Ahem. I have a Newton 2000 and its handwriting recognition was quite fast and accurate. I know someone who had an internal radio modem and was using one to browse the web and read email in 1997. Way before the internet became a bubble.

#20     Jun 18, 2002