holy s*** I just received inside info, in next 5 months yuan will

Discussion in 'Financial Futures' started by FREElunch, Oct 16, 2006.

1. BCE

BCE

Hey look at all the $$$ Soros made on the ruble...................or maybe not. :)

#11     Oct 17, 2006
  2. What will drop, yuan or USD/CNY? In other words, chinese currency strengthens or weakens? We've had cross-rate confusion lately on ET.

#13     Oct 17, 2006
  3. Hey FREElunch,,

I remember my first beer too..............

#14     Oct 18, 2006
  4. I can bet that 95% of the costumers don't know you carry this contract.

It doesn't appear in your list of available futures on the CME.

Just a friendly note.

#15     Oct 18, 2006
  5. def

def Sponsor

FYI, this was sent out in our last communique to clients. So hopefully more than 5% know about this. You must have missed it but the product is also listed on our web site under CME futures as well. Look under Chinese RMB cross rates. (RMB)

http://www.interactivebrokers.com/en/general/communiques/2006/10-06-06.php?ib_entity=llc

"New Products

We have recently added NYMEX physical energy futures, CME (Globex) Korean Won futures, CME (Globex) Chinese Renminbi futures, CFE BuyWrite Index futures, and Singapore Exchange FTSE/XINHUA China A50 futures. To view details on these new futures contracts and all our available products, see our Exchange Listings page.

In addition, the CFTC has recently approved the FTSE XINHUA China 25 Index and the Hang Seng China Enterprise Index for trading by US residents." (HHI.HK is on the HKFE and does have enought liquidity to trade).

#16     Oct 19, 2006
  6. You are correct on both counts. I indeed missed that paragraph and was looking at CME margin page which indeed doesn't show this contract.

Def, now that I have your attention is there any way you can change the description of the "European Monetary Union Euro" entries(7) into what they really are, meaning specifying the other currency in the name too? I am sure many people would appreciate it.

Anyway, you guys rock! Wouldn't trade anywhere else.

Thanks and best wishes.

#17     Oct 19, 2006
  7. def

def Sponsor

thanks for pointing that out, i'll pass along the request but I can't promise a quick fix unless an exception gets made. the info is downloaded directly from the exchange source and the exchange description is so long part of it gets truncated (naturally we can't manually enter in the 100,000+ plus products/symbols that we support).

#18     Oct 19, 2006