Holy Hang Seng, Batman!

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Ivanovich, May 31, 2007.

1. Up 1.65%???

I hate to restate the obvious, but this market is going nowhere but up. Everytime the Politburo try to knock over the ant hill, the ants come back the next day and build a mountain out of it.

I don't think there was a chapter on bubble creation in the Little Red Book.

2. It seems like everything is going parabolic.

3. It wasn't a terribly big day for the Hang Seng and HSI has been pretty weak recently compared with the US indexes. Are we confusing the HSI with the Shanghai index?

4. joesan

joesan

Hang Seng guys were probably on vacation, Maybe they had done too well in the first season of 2007. :)

5. I was referring to ^HSI. I see it up 340 points.

6. S2007S

S2007S

yea, as soon as it has its one day sell off it regains it all back and more, the ^n225 is about a week away from new highs too.

They say the reason for the straight run up is plenty of liquidity.

7. S2007S

S2007S

from marketwatch:

After yesterday's close, Russell wrote:
    "I believe the early part of the third phase of the bull market is now underway. This is what I call the 'worldwide globalization bull market.' This bull market is floating on massive liquidity, low interest rates, easy credit and the ability of the central banks of the world to create all the money they want out of thin air. I consider today's confirmation and record high by the S&P 500 to be an important event."

8. dealer

dealer

Until HSI gets above 21,000 i think it's a bit of a snooze.....

Also watching the China B-shares market. I think a close below the 300 could trigger some fireworks on the HSI to the downside.

9. 1.65% is nothing. The hang seng has gone nowhere since Feb. Its still below the highs it hit way back then while most markets have gone on to hit record highs.

10. joesan

joesan

yeah, HSI has been quiet recently, KOSPI 200 has been much more interesting, steady trend /frequent new high/ and up about 2.5% yesterday.

#10     May 31, 2007