Holy Grail

Discussion in 'Trading' started by mspkash1, Sep 27, 2006.

1. This one?

[​IMG]

#11     Sep 28, 2006
  2. Now that was funny!!!:D

#12     Sep 28, 2006
  3. That's the one. Must be covering up his claws and fangs. Stupid man-eating rabbits!

#13     Sep 28, 2006
  4. LT701

LT701

this site claims to have it

http://www.churchofsatan.com/

but i think there are some long term issues with their philosophy

and their dress code kinda creeps me out

#14     Sep 28, 2006
  5. alesanti

alesanti

Seriously speaking, the most similar to the Holy Grail I've found is www.tradingpro.com They do predict market movements, and they sell their predictions by $195 per quarter.
    One question I had from the moment I subscribed (2 years ago) is why in the world a company that has a holy grail would sell it by $195/quarter. I asked that question to the site owners and they told me that they were financing further development selling subscriptions but that those subscriptions will reach an end soon.
    Well, it seems to be like that. This is the email I received this week from tradingpro support:

"Your current service, the Trading Prediction Chart, and Trading Signals will no longer be offered to new comers effective Oct 1st. At Trading Pro we are continuously monitoring the usage of our strategies, and we have reached the maximum amount of users that we consider can have access to our direct signal without disrupting its edge. Our objective is to help our members achieve their financial goals, and keep our edge working. That is why we have limited the amount of available memberships.

New memberships for this service will be available only when a current member cancels his subscription. As we trade our signal ourselves, as you can imagine we do not want our edge to suffer from over usage. On the other hand, the EFS predicted price chart can be traded by many, as each trader can choose his own target gain, and entry/exit time frames.

New members might be accepted to trade our signal once a vacancy is available. Their rate will be higher than the price you are currently paying.

As long as you keep your membership, you will pay the same US$ 195 per quarter, or US$ 650 yearly for our yearly subscribers. No change will be made to your rate upon renewals. "

#15     Sep 28, 2006
  6. Mate are you shilling for those Trading pro guys as I just checked it out (that was the plan right!!) and you can subscribe no prob why you would want to is another story. I posted on another thread a question about them and so far the only reply i got was not very complimentary so I am far from convinced.

Cheers

#16     Sep 28, 2006
  7. Just for the sake of opening this can of worms........anything you (alesanti) are buying for $195 a quarter you could not do yourself through research, strategy, and technique?

#17     Sep 28, 2006
  8. On a serious note, I strongly believe the holy graily is a method you develop,or modify another's, which shows a positive expectancy, and one that you can believe in. A method that you trade without fear and consistency. IMHO it doesn't get any better than that. :)

#18     Sep 28, 2006
  9. alesanti

alesanti

Well, I am having not bad results from using their forecasts.
    I trade options on stocks traded in Argentina, using the correlation of those stoks with the Dow and I am very satisfied.

They also offer trades for the e-minis, but I've never used them since my local market is Argentina.

Besides, what you will able to see is a chart of the future of the indexes. This chart is not perfect, but most turning points are well marked, both in timing and magnitude.

This is all I can say about it.

One more thing, I found the site after I read a book called The Predictors, by Tom Bass and looking for more info about the method that Bass describe to beat the market. This site is very similar in several aspects to the Prediction Co (www.predict.com). I trusted the method after I've noticed that Prediction Co. was acquired by the Swiss bank and then by the UBS. No doubt if they buy the company if because something useful is behind it.

#19     Sep 28, 2006
  10. alesanti

alesanti

1. I prefer not enter the discussion about if I am capable or not of beating the market better than using some cheap system.
    I am happy with my results.

2. I think that is fair to continue this way regardless that I get my share from other's pocket.

and a final thought before bedtime:
    Sometimes I feel a bit confused about this last point, because I know that what one gains, someone else losses, but life is not a fair game. Morover, I didn't invent that game!

#20     Sep 28, 2006