holy grail

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Spectre2007, Aug 24, 2016.

1. vanzandt

vanzandt

Bridgekeeper: Stop. Who would cross the Bridge of Death must answer me these questions three, ere the other side he see.

Sir Robin: Ask me the questions, bridgekeeper. I'm not afraid.

Bridgekeeper: What... is your name?

Sir Robin: Sir Robin of Camelot.

Bridgekeeper: What... is your quest?

Sir Robin: To seek the Holy Grail.

Bridgekeeper: What... is the capital of Assyria?

[pause]

Sir Robin: I don't know that.

"Throw him in the Volcano!" -Monty Python

#21     Aug 25, 2016
  2. Buy1Sell2

Buy1Sell2

RSI coupled with prudent money management. Simple as that.

#22     Aug 25, 2016
  3. Simples

Simples

This Holy Grail, has it something to do with historical price action at various price levels?

#23     Aug 25, 2016
  4. birzos

birzos

Given the millions of combinations a holy grail is the set of rules/indicators/management/tools that work for you, very few can find it and even when they do it's not transferable to a third party because it will have their psychology embedded in it.

Now, given that there are a handful of transferable methodologies but very few have ever achieved it. So over the weekend tested an indicator some architects and strategists via a fund came up with due to everyone's complete disgust on the amount of effort necessary to generate meager, ie. 2% per month, automated strategy returns. On Forex, on @CL, on @GC, on @ES, and all of them provide the same result at all timeframes, even down to 10s which is quite entertaining.

So the holy grail is there for each person based on their unique view of the world, less than 1% find it, and for institutions it becomes transferable. This is what £8mn buys you, don't worry, I didn't pay for it but did some trades today and it's looking good. Don't you just love people who trust you.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 4, 2016
    #24     Oct 4, 2016
  5. Holy Grail is to trade against the Holy Grail.

#25     Oct 5, 2016
  6. birzos

birzos

#26     Oct 5, 2016