Holy Grail

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Cheese, Oct 10, 2003.

1. Hello VTTrader,

It appears you are not accounting for the performance of either the market or the stock's sector. People that follow the 50/30/20 rule would say you are operating with only 20% of the available data.

I suspect your possible "blow out" is a feature of not following the market or sector as closely as you are the stock. You can easily fix this by applying your same analysis to the other contributing elements. It will also simplify the number of stocks you have to look at.

You also look at your previous trades to determine if the current stock is going to perform, when a better indication might be the current stocks past behavior.

Steve.

#81     Oct 12, 2003
  2. ...if so, t'would be in a time-honored tradition. Benjamin Franklin wrote letters-to-the-editor to his own newpaper using whimsical Swiftian pseudonyms to generate debate on important issues. In these he regularly flamed his opponents!

#82     Oct 12, 2003
  3. I'll say this once, and you can either believe it or disbelieve it. It's the end of this particular discussion as far as I'm concerned.

I am not Grob, and I am not Jack.

That's about as clear as I can be.

Steve.

#83     Oct 12, 2003
  4. No doubt he was with a Holy Grail to perform/invent so many things in his life, a great man indeed. :)

http://search.biography.com/print_record.pl?id=14901

#84     Oct 12, 2003
  5. Not to worry! :D

Take it easy for just kidding! :)

Peace be with you, always! :p

#85     Oct 12, 2003
  6. This post is written not to disparage any one on this thread. It is simply a true story that I thought you might find interesting.

I used to communicate with a group of traders where the head guru used words that were so complex that the only way I could follow what he was saying was to use a dictionary. He said he had a phd in mathematics and had been asked to leave a university because of his poor teaching ability. No wonder!

For many years, I worked in a laboratory with several brilliant mathematicians, every day, and none of them talked this way. So it occurred to me that he might not be as sharp as he wanted to appear and that he was using the "big words" because he thought it enhanced his "image". Well I think he gave himself away.

In his emails he couldn't spell even simple words correctly but when he used these "doozies" of his, they were all spelled perfectly. So I accused him of using a thesaurus to enhance all the crap that he was pontificating. I also suggested that since he was in the business of communicating with people he should try using plain simple english for a change.

His answer to the charges wasn't forthcoming but I did get some static from another trader on the site that thought that using these "whoopdedoos" made the posts more interesting. Shortly thereafter I was kicked off the list.

Well everything turned out for the best because I found this site which is head and shoulders above anything I have ever come across in trading.

regards
    Peter Daniels

#86     Oct 12, 2003
  7. You're leaving early even with the pre PC stoc defaults.

Several other factors too.

#87     Oct 12, 2003
  8. So do you remember to give tithe now? :D

#88     Oct 12, 2003
  9. Odd Trader

If I could make money like that again, you can bet I would tithe. I don't think it will ever happen again.

regards
    hoodoo

#89     Oct 12, 2003
  10. Surely you should be able to find another Holy Grail, whether or not an optimal one. :)

Seek and you will find! :p

#90     Oct 12, 2003