Holy grail of daytrading

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by Lights, Apr 22, 2012.

1. ocean5

ocean5

You are lack of knowledge on how markets work,lack of the knowledge of yourself,you do not understand compounding,otherwise you wouldnt post this BS,and additional BS about Cohen and Billy Beane butter bean bada bing bada pam bada boom

#11     Apr 22, 2012
  2. And here I was thinking that your first comment was substance-less. It's a veritable philosophical treatise compared to this one. Man, you are one pathetic tool.

#12     Apr 22, 2012
  3. ocean5

ocean5

Ah..you know,there is no difference between your post and the last couple of words of my treatise - 'butter bean bada bing bada pam bada boom'.No difference at all,sadly...

#13     Apr 22, 2012
  4. If you are only involved in trades that have a 70% chance of success which is less than the fat pitch, you will still make much more than trading every single day. There are tools to determine these probabilities.

Funds such as Steve Cohen and most of the fund universe can't be in 100% cash most of the time. Their trading methodologies and prospectus require them to be involved in markets on a daily basis. Otherwise, their investors would just move to money market funds. This is the fallacy of active management and why vast majority underperform their index.

#14     Apr 22, 2012

5. You've been on this board since 2003 and that's the best you can come up with?

There are a myriad of problems with your logic which I'm simply not interested in delving into or writing about....in a nutshell.....you're on cloud 9 if you think this will work....

cloud 9:

This is a level where you can't get any higher. The highest point of getting a high! ~Urban Dictionary

#15     Apr 22, 2012
  6. That's exactly what my former prop broker said when I told him I'd like to just take 1 trade every 2 weeks from here on after trading 50 million shares the year before and giving up thick 6 figures in fees.

#16     Apr 22, 2012

7. that's all......

there's always a bigger fish...

#17     Apr 22, 2012
  8. yup, and the real grail is identifying the subverted doings of the bid/offer moneymasters and not playing to their game.. Moo.

#18     Apr 22, 2012
  9. If the holy grail is to only take your best trades, naturally that's not possible to do consistently, but you can leverage up your high probability setups if you have two algorithms with 70+% win percentages so that when they agree you bet larger than you otherwise would have.

This is assuming you have at least 2 holy grails.

#19     Apr 23, 2012
  10. For daytrading? Seriously? That's like saying if the Lakers only played Kobe for his best 5 games every season the team would have a much better record.

If your 10 best daytrades for the year net more than all your trades combined, you are in the wrong time frame.

In any case, if you even tried to limit yourself to the 10 "best", you'd probably miss out on 9 of them. My guess is I could only anticipate 1 out of 10 "home run" trades before they've panned out; the rest just happen and you take/keep advantage. This holy grail is just another fallacy involving statistics and market performance.

#20     Apr 23, 2012