Holy Grail!! I found it..

Discussion in 'Strategy Building' started by retire45, Jun 18, 2009.

1. wanna hear about the "supernatural"??

this morning i am starting my TWS and the little IB security device gives me the pass code that starts with 666... a bit nervous i decided to trade anyways and see if the sober mind could overcome the supernatural forces. we still have 23 min to trade and i am + for the day.

to be continued...

#11     Jun 18, 2009
  2. Bingo!

#12     Jun 18, 2009

3. "NO, NO, you're too short. I'M ZORRO"!!!!!!

#13     Jun 18, 2009
  4. I think he is on to something. If you are good enough to pick what stage a market is in Trending or consolidation then you can choose wether your going to use your trend follow system or counter trend system. You just have to know when to turn that system off. Easier said than done, I know, but its a very legitimate idea.

#14     Jun 18, 2009
  5. aceholic

aceholic

The "only run your system when it will work" idea is similar to the idea of only going long when the market is going to go up and only get short when the market is going to go down.

All three ideas are great. Seriously.

But why spend time trying to figure out when your system will/won't work when you can better spend that time finding a system that goes long right before the market goes up and short right before it goes down.

#15     Jun 18, 2009
  6. I dont think thats true. A trader may be an excellent analyst but a terrible trader (for any number of reasons) They can run a system that matches their analysis of the market. In which case I guess you could argue that its not a fully automated trading system but then again I dont believe there is any such thing as the perfect black box, turn it on and let it run, kind of system
    For your system to work well then you have to know your system well.

#16     Jun 18, 2009
  7. Pretty simple statement.
    Pretty straight forward.
    Not to difficult to grasp.

A natural chart or trading environment is anything not artificial, manufactured or calculated.

A chart based in time is not natural because the markets are traded in shares and contracts not minutes. Any chart based in time must be interpreted and thus open for error.

A chart based in ticks is not natural because the markets are traded in shares and contracts not transactions. Any chart based in ticks must be interpreted and thus open for error.

A chart based in range is not natural because the markets are traded in shares and contracts not user defined ranges. Any chart based in range must be interpreted and thus open for error.

A chart based in shares or contracts is natural because the markets are traded in shares and contracts. Any chart based in shares has no need to be interpreted and thus there is no inherent margin for error. Every oscillation on these charts show natural price oscillations.

#17     Jun 18, 2009
  8. should the natural system only use price and volume as its parameters (and not use time)?

#18     Jun 18, 2009
  9. Why would anyone insist on one tool in a job that changes all the time? Actually it is very simple, so obvious this thread borders on being pointless.

#19     Jun 18, 2009
  10. ROFLMAO :D

#20     Jun 19, 2009