Holy grail, does exist, but here is why we don’t have it

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by FutTrd, Sep 1, 2006.

1. not possible to always win

#31     Sep 1, 2006
  2. That depends on the definition of always winning. Does that mean net or gross? For the day? Week? Month? Year? For every trade?

If you had enough money you could simply lay down a huge limit buy order at a price slightly above the current market. It must be big enough that it cannot be taken out by the sellers. At some point the sellers will appear above your bid and you can slowly unload your position, never taking a loss.

You just need massive size to manipulate the market. This is how the Chinese government pegs its currency.

-Raystonn

#32     Sep 1, 2006

3. They learn the hard way just like everyone else lol.

John

#33     Sep 1, 2006
  4. jasonjm

jasonjm

yeah it was called LTCM

#34     Sep 1, 2006
  5. Reminds me of that line from Matrix II (actually, for me it was the best part of the whole movie and it didn't even have explosions or fight scenes ) :p

Morpheus: Everything begins with choice.

Merovingian: Wrong. Choice is an illusion, between those WITH power, and those without.

He goes on to define the only real power as Causality. Cause and effect....

So the aliens wouldn't only TRADE the market - they would first short it, then descend and ray-gun zap a bridge or something (CAUSE a sell-off where you think you are in control by your choice to sell), then reap the reward of the effect.

Wonder if that ever happens without aliens from outer space....:confused:

#35     Sep 1, 2006
  6. FutTrd

FutTrd

well you nailed it 100%, I know what you are saying without you even saying it.

not many have guts to talk about it.

anyway, good input guys, and we managed to do it without resorting to names and bad gestures,

if you guys want I will post my work on free will, where I prove that free will is an illusion.

but I'll only post it at request, since ET is about making money not enlightenment

#36     Sep 1, 2006
  7. If it is an illusion than I guess you have already decided whether or not it will be posted without any of us using our free will to request it.:cool:

#37     Sep 1, 2006
  8. FutTrd

FutTrd

tradeRun or Runtrade whatever

I knew some smart ass like you will immediately come up with what you just said.

but
    things are complicated,

if you weren't just few pixels in my life, I would call you an idiot :cool:

#38     Sep 1, 2006
  9. BSAM

BSAM

Robot: "Danger.....Danger.....Warning.....Warning Will Robinson."

Will: "What's wrong Robot?"

Robot: "Stock trading aliens approaching!"

Will: "What should I do Robot???"

Robot: "Sell, Will Robinson.....Sell! Get out now!"....."No, wait Will Robinson."

Will: "Wait?"

Robot: "My bad. I have miscalculated. It is only Doctor Smith. Don't worry. He can't wreck your trade. He's been following all the "gurus" on EliteTrader.com."

#39     Sep 1, 2006
  10. Now I know who those aliens are!!! I got an email from one of them just the other day pumping and dumping a penny stock!

But seriously FutTrd, can you share with us some of the illussion (running with the power) sir? Hey... should I short the airlines?

Michael B.

#40     Sep 1, 2006