Holy grail, does exist, but here is why we don’t have it

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by FutTrd, Sep 1, 2006.

1. This is how the market teaches an alien to trade

#21     Sep 1, 2006
  2. eagle

eagle

The aliens will be humbled by Mr. Market if they think the high IQ alone is the solution to succeed in Wall Street.

#22     Sep 1, 2006
  3. Aliens have time travel technology. They can look ahead and see what's up down and buy, short etc.

John

#23     Sep 1, 2006
  4. There's an awful lot of rich people in the world.

Apparently they spend less time looking for some stupid grail, and more time ripping you off.

End.

#24     Sep 1, 2006

5. ?????:confused: :confused: :confused: ???

So your point is that all rich people got that way by ripping people off or is it that all rich people are thieves? I'm confused.

#25     Sep 1, 2006
  6. I finally figured out the Holy Grail after a lot of searching...

A big thanks to Dan Brown...

#26     Sep 1, 2006
  7. foible

foible

The world is inheriently chaotic; the events of this moment inextricably affect the events of the next minute, which infuence the next minute, and so on. Even an infinitesmially small error in the alien's magical data would expand to render their predictions useless. And because of QM, it isn't even theoretically possible to posses such magically accurate data.

The clockwork universe is dead, long live chaos and uncertainty :)

Of course, with chaos often comes the ability to make general predictions. You won't be right all the time, but you can be right enough.

#27     Sep 1, 2006
  8. Actually, you miss the point entirely.

#28     Sep 1, 2006

9. here is the holy grail -

always win, never lose.

don't bother picking tops and bottoms, find a good entry and a good exit. be happy with positive cash flow and don't try to milk every cent.

regards,

#29     Sep 1, 2006
  10. Ok, so clarify. That is why I asked.

#30     Sep 1, 2006