Holy CRAP

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Trend Fader, Mar 5, 2004.

1. #31     Mar 5, 2004

2. too bad we dont get enuf of him throughout the day.

#32     Mar 5, 2004
  3. pspr

pspr

No. No. It wasn't Thomas. It was his older brother John who invented the modern toilet! ha ha ha ha Just kidding.

I stand corrected. Crappe! :p

#33     Mar 5, 2004
  4. mmillar

mmillar

If this is so easy how come you're still posting on bulletin boards and not buying Microsoft with your pocket change?

#34     Mar 5, 2004
  5. Magna

Magna Administrator

Sure, just like any day in the fall after summer trading, I remember those days well. 15+ pts runup straight off the opening, no pullbacks, and then an immediate 82% plunge, all within the first 2 hours. Not.
    Pretty well sums it up. But then again it's all so very easy after the fact.

#35     Mar 5, 2004

6. The vast majority of my capital is in equities. I do not buy MSFT because the float is out of my range (5 to 30 million) I require a repeated cycle (6 to 8 days) and a H/L of the cycling to be at least 20% 5 times in the last six months.

I limit any specific holdings to 100,000 shares. I find the ratio of blocks for buys to sells to be 20 to 30. My greatest net on this limiting trade level is 17 net points (dollars). The hold was a long one (6 months). You can google the trade discussions or someone here will help you perhaps.

I post on bulletin boards because it is fun to do. Approximately 4 out of 5 peoople do not agree with my views. I see you do it for the same reasons.

I spend my pocket change with a CC that have low six digits credit level.

#36     Mar 5, 2004
  7. okwon

okwon

You definitely should have been expecting some extreme volatility today if you were paying attention at all to what happened to fixed income after the econ data release an hour before the open in the S&Ps.

#37     Mar 5, 2004
  8. Well I lost money today. I went in thinking we were going down and as much as I know better I couldnt shake it. I shorted premarket and twice more on the way up. I knew I was f**cking up as I was doing it but kept on. Ever been there? Fortunately I got most of it back when a EUR short worked out but even it was a trade I wouldnt normally have taken. I lucked out. I really thought I was beyond this sort of crap.

#38     Mar 5, 2004
  9. only idiots lost money today :-/

#39     Mar 5, 2004
  10. Right.

At the end of the day, the indices were only fractionally changed.
    No big deal.

#40     Mar 5, 2004