Holy Cr*p ISLD blocked from providing QQQ ,DIA, and SPY full book quotes

Discussion in 'Order Execution' started by stock777, Sep 20, 2002.

1. gaj

gaj

there are also people that can be e-mailed on the SEC's website.

i blipped them my concerns, and received in return (i believe) a standard cut and paste...

#81     Sep 23, 2002
  2. jwcrim

jwcrim

Island now recommends using a fast flurry of IOC orders to get the best price. (see island.com/etffaq.asp)

I notice IB has IOC as a Order property option in the API. (tif can be GTC, DAY or IOC). Is this currently operational?

If IB wanted to it could just set TimeOut=0 in the order's OUCH message to Island for all orders requesting it.

What do they set it to now? Anyone know more about this? Def?

#82     Sep 23, 2002
  3. cashonly

cashonly Bright Trading, LLC

So, next month, when ISLD goes back under 5% (because no one can see their bid/offer to take), will they be allowed to start displaying again? And if so, will the same thing happen and it just goes back and forth, month to month?

#83     Sep 23, 2002
  4. I traded the spy's today using instinet - pretty good liquidity - although not as tight as Island -- but its only a matter of time before instinet is blackballed.

The whole thing is really a disgrace and insults my intelligence.

Hopefully, the nasdaq will be coming out with their own ETF's shortly -- and the AMEX can go to hell !!!!

#84     Sep 23, 2002

5. um ...the Nasdaq owns the AMEX...last I heard.

#85     Sep 23, 2002
  6. I assume Instinet is happy they purchased the ISLD volume and now it's lost!

#86     Sep 23, 2002
  7. Nasdaq and amex are in the middle of a separation - the divorce attorneys are working out the details !!!!

#87     Sep 23, 2002
  8. I notice the displayed size on the ES's was way down today. Was it the fed meeting or more likely, the lack of visible ISLD on the SPY to trade against.

#88     Sep 24, 2002
  9. So what route for the Q's now? IB SMART quotes are often locked or crossed, INCA: I saw 5 cent + spread, ARCA looks good has it replaced ISLD? can't get NYSE for some reason.

#89     Sep 25, 2002
  10. what are you guys/gals using as a gauge of market depth. i use rjt to trade - ARCA is too slow, island is closed and the RJT bid/ask are not always (as in almost never) where the true market is?

im in the dark. i cant believe they basically shut island down!

#90     Sep 25, 2002