Holocaust survivors sue Chase Manhattan Bank

Discussion in 'Politics' started by harrytrader, Feb 8, 2003.

1. Try it, it might loosen you up:D :D

#21     Feb 9, 2003
  2. You seem to know better than me :D

#22     Feb 9, 2003
  3. I'm happy you tried to answer objectively. And do you think that history is just random walk and that the present has no connection with the past. Do you think that events history are linear and that sudden wrecks cannot happen ? You are helpless ? Why are you helpless ? Because everybody thinks that also ? Do you make any connection with the mass psychology of market :D

#23     Feb 9, 2003
  4. Essentially linear with wrecks. But there is no inevitability to human history. That's for the Marxists.

#24     Feb 9, 2003
  5. No inevitability : sure and since my father was assassinated by communists be assured that I am not a marxist. But I try to stay objective and say that a priori your argument about the marxist has nothing to do with inevitability.

Your inevitability has much more to do with pure faith than objective arguments: how can you pretend that things are inevitable if people don't look at facts and don't foresee their possible consequences so as to prevent them :confused:

P.S.: I'm not anarchist either : I love sons of rich and I come from very rich families myself :D In fact I have always been a liberal (liberal means right wing in France so as to be sure of not being misunderstood) for a true free market. And if we have a market, it is not really free if so all indices in the world would not behave like a single indice so that diversification of risk is impossible and everyone submitted to the dictature of market notably the consumption level in economy.

#25     Feb 9, 2003
  6. Sigh

Perhaps it is a language problem, but I cannot tell if your use of "you" refers to me, or is a rhetorical device.

There is no inevitability to history, my belief.

Marxism has as its central tenet social change in historical stages and the INEVITABLE arrival to communism as the final stage in the evolution of human history. Karl's belief, and many deluded followers.

Sorry about your pops.

Your facts maybe my lies, Harry.

#26     Feb 9, 2003