Holocaust Remembrance Day

Discussion in 'Politics' started by BernardRichards, Apr 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hmm. So based on your own definition of "ghetto"
    1. the palestinians are not a minority group in the WB and Gaza, they actually drove all minories out of their land.
    2. they don't live in a "portion of a city in which members of a minority group live", they live on their own land, have their own government, police, Qassam rocket launchers, banks, laws, courts, social services, prisons... They even have their representatives in the UN. They have borders with two friendly arab states (Egypt and Jordan) besides Israel.

Come again, why did you call it a ghetto?

PS Oh, and they are not "innocent". They are a nation at war that they started with the objective of driving their neighbor into the sea. Just because they got badly beaten but still refuse to sign any reasonable peace agreement with their more powerful neighbor does not make them "innocent" by any stretch of imagination.

#11     Apr 22, 2009
  2. Tresor

Tresor

It is not my definition. It's from Wikipedia.

Neither were Jews during WWII a minotity in ghettos run by Germans. But we still call these ghettos.

Jews had also their own police, local governments, limited laws in ghettos. Same as Palestinians now. Please do yourself a favour and read a some historic books. And Jewish ghettos did have borders with with Jewish-friendly (but occupied) nations.

In fact I used a word ''ghettoing'' for the practice that Jews are now doing. The similarities between Nazis Germans and democratic Jews are apparent. Unfortuantely, vocabularies miss a word that means ghettoing in a whole country, which is something worse than ghettoing in a city.

I would appreciate if you can coin a word that would mean ''ghettoing in a whole country.

Regards

#12     Apr 22, 2009
  3. In fact I used a word ''ghettoing'' for the practice that Jews are now doing.
    Indeed you did. You also used the word "Holocaust" to describe the quadrupling of the palestinian population in the last 60 years. That both words have absolutely nothing in common with the situation in the Middle East does not usually bother drama-queens like you. :p

The similarities between Nazis Germans and democratic Jews are apparent.
    Right. the final solution vs a two-state solution (that the palestinians have repeatedly rejected). Murdering half of the European Jews vs letting the Palestinians reproduce like rabbits and live longer than they ever thought possible. Similarities indeed.

Unfortuantely, vocabularies miss a word that means ghettoing in a whole country
    It's just your vocabulary. It can be called occupation and/or blockade and those are legitimate terms (and legitimate actions in wars).

#13     Apr 22, 2009
  4. Tresor

Tresor

They are a nation that was invaded by the Jews. They are a nation that has no army to defend.

The ''peace'' treaty was NOT a reasonable one. Again watch the video to find why. When I see images and videos of small babies burnt alive by Jewish phosphorus bombs I simpy find it hard to believe the Jewish propaganda saying they were terrorist or potential terrorists.

I call them''innocent'' civilians, just as I call ''innocent'' civilians the victims of holocaust during WWII

#14     Apr 22, 2009
  5. Tresor

Tresor

WRONG MAN. You put in my mouth words that I did not say.

You are constantly putting my words in the context that suits your thesis. The similarities that I described are in ''ghettoing people. That's what Germans did before exterminating Jews. And that's what Jews are doing with Palestinianas (ghettoing people).

This is how we differ. You call it ''occupation and / or blockade''. I call it ''ghettoing''.

When there is a war, you normally have two or more armies fighting. When there is a holocaust, you have one army and one armless nation.

#15     Apr 22, 2009
  6. They are a nation that was invaded by the Jews. They are a nation that has no army to defend.
    Oh come on, cut this nonsense. The arabs did not accept the partition, 5 arab armies invaded Israel in 1948, 5 arab armies invaded Israel in 1967, the Arabs declared "No peace no recognition and no negotiations with Israel" in response to the UN land for peace resolution, it was Yasir Arafat who walked away from an extremely generous peace offer without even a courtesy of a counter-offer, it was the Palestinians who elected Hamas which is openly and explicitly dedicated to the destruction of Israel (and the jews), it was them who lobbed rockets into Israeli towns in "gratitude" for the Israeli unilateral withdrawal from Gaza...Cut the crap.

#16     Apr 22, 2009
  7. dsq

dsq

who will win this debate here?hah!

not learning from history is an inate characteristic of human behavior.

#17     Apr 22, 2009
  8. Tresor

Tresor

The debate will not be finished today, because my girlfriend is getting angry with me. Time to bed. It's 2.30 a.m. my time.

#18     Apr 22, 2009
  9. Words have meanings, my friend. The word "ghetto" represents a place where members of a minority group live, not a place where a people lives. The word "Holocaust" describes an extermination of a huge number of people, not a situation in which the population growth goes through the roof.

Just because the meaning of some words escapes you does not mean it is ignored by the more reasonable mainstream part of the human race.

French?

#19     Apr 22, 2009
  10. W4rl0ck

W4rl0ck

Actually the jews of Europe and especially Poland "ghetto-ized" themselves in the Middle Ages when some of the European royalty gave them special dispensation to settle disputes among themselves using jewish law.

The Palestinians did not segregate themselves voluntarily. They were purged from their land. Is there really anyone in the world besides blood crazed zionists and illiterate Americans who don't understand this?

#20     Apr 22, 2009
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.