Hollywood event nets $15 million for Obama

Discussion in 'Politics' started by AK Forty Seven, May 11, 2012.

1. Politics in and of itself is mythical in most respects. One reason why I get surprised at the emotion that some here express. At the same time, I understand that it is just venting.

If you really stop and look at it, there is no politics. There are people with power, and people without power. It has always been this way, and it will always be this way.

#11     May 11, 2012
  2. Max E.

Max E.

Your attacks against people who supposedly get emotional might hold some water, if you were cognizant of your own emotions...

#12     May 11, 2012
  3. My "emotions" are clearly satirical, as evidenced by this:D at the end of most of my lines. And I rarely use profanity in my posts. As a consequence, sane readers can clearly see who is usually unhinged. As I said awhile back tho, I have graduated from ET academy, so posting here in P&R will only continue till I cross that threshold from making money but not enuf to travel at will, to making enuf money to travel at will.

The same old people will be here saying the same old things a decade from now just as they were a decade before.

#13     May 11, 2012
  4. Re power:

Not quite what caused the balance of "power" to change, but the squeeky wheel sure gets the grease these days. Maybe the media has played a large role.

Secondly, there is quite a large group of people who derive power only through stopping other people from doing something. Ie. lawsuits, petitions, resistant to change, the black man jaywalking-stops traffic (threw that in their for ya to keep some racial balance)(yuk yuk).

Frankly I'm amazed at all the experts on fracking. Sheet, a few years ago, fracking wan't in the news now the internet is overwhelmed with fracking experts.

#14     May 11, 2012
  5. Max E.

Max E.

Got to admit, i laughed pretty hard at this.

So the way to drain all the emotion from a post is by simply posting a smiley at the end?

(this is not directed at you) If I was to post: "I want to murder you in your sleep" :D

Does The smiley at the end all of a sudden turn that sentence into an unemotional statement? I never realized emoticons were so potent....

#15     May 11, 2012
  6. Lucrum

Lucrum

#16     May 11, 2012
  7. Smart post, nutmeg.

#17     May 11, 2012
  8. And I even defined in another thread what I meant by "very recently". I just do not know what else there is Luke. I got the Grail, you don't. Accept that, and move on.:)

#18     May 11, 2012
  9. Daxtrader

Daxtrader

I have lost all respect for Clooney. Vince Vaughn is the man though.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/p23stV9LD0I" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

#19     May 11, 2012
  10. Absolutely, if you understand the purpose of emoticons. If someone says that, they are obviously joking:D

Now, if someone said, I want to kill you....:mad:

That might have some more weight. Max I thought you were a younger fella. I am surprised that I have to give this primer:confused:

Or, maybe you know this, and are just trying to argue:eek:

If so, that's okay here in fight club:cool:

#20     May 11, 2012