Hollywood Elite Are Hypocritical About Guns

Discussion in 'Politics' started by pspr, Jan 30, 2013.

1. pspr

pspr

Actress/producer Alana Stewart says she's in the minority in Hollywood when it comes to her views on gun ownership.

“It bothers me when the Hollywood elite are all so against people having guns and want rigorous gun restrictions. But I am friends with a lot of them, and most have armed guards with them or outside their homes,” Stewart told FOX411’s Pop Tarts column. “And I think that is hypocritical. It’s fine to have armed guards, but don’t then tell everyone else they can’t own a gun.”

Stewart, the former wife of George Hamilton and Rod Stewart – and long time best friend of Farrah Fawcett – said she doesn’t hire armed protection.

“I sleep with my gun on my bedside table. I live alone; it is my protection and makes me feel safer. I have had to pull it out a few times when I have heard noises at night, but I’ve never had to use it,” she continued, adding that she grew up in a small Texas town and was in awe of her “fearless” grandmother who would head out into the darkness with a gun in hand when suspicious things stirred in the wee hours.

Stewart also has no qualms urging her celebrity friends to consider the work they do and what their industry often promotes.

“All the violence in videos and movies, you can’t tell me that that wouldn’t influence a disturbed person,” she said. “And bad guys will always have guns, and there is no way they would give them up if that became the law.”

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/entertainmen...-comes-to-guns/?intcmp=features#ixzz2JTSUA1lD

2. Great point about TX grandma heading into the darkness with gun, armed & ready.

If 80% are wrong;
    long live + prosper the 20%. Mrs Susan Howard NRA LIFE/director.........................................................................

Somebody buys guns in Hollywood ''211 [robbery] in progress @ Bank of America'';; ak47[full auto illegal] gun-battle/war zone in 1997shootout . The policeman were able/HAD to reload from a .Hollywood CA gun sore.Praise the LORD for that.

Most of the news channels edited out that positive example of a gun store. The gunstore owner said ''who do i bill [arms /ammo]this to??'' The mayor,, the cops said, bill it to the mayor.

:cool:

3. achilles28

achilles28

Notice big Hollywood studios got behind gun control in a big way, yet nearly every single action movie they produce is filled with guns and gun violence? They're hypocrites.

Pspr, it's like the DHS 7,000 assault weapon buy you posted the other day. For "personal protection". The Government and these Liberals are a bunch of fucking self-aggrandizing hypocrite shitheads. Guns for them but not for you! The neocon right is no better, but at least they come down on the right side of the 2nd amendment.

4. pspr

pspr

Even Feinstein's Gun Control bill exempts federal officials. It's so obvious that it's an agenda without any regard to solving a problem or following the Constitution.

5. achilles28

achilles28

Yup. Really gets to me. :(