Hollywood and music biz are dead. Judge just ruled IP address is not an identifier.

Discussion in 'Economics' started by Publicus, May 3, 2012.

1. The best content I viewed all year was Hulu's own show "Endgame"...

#11     May 3, 2012
  2. Bob111

Bob111

from today's headlines-

---Viacom 2Q earnings up 56 percent--

http://news.yahoo.com/viacom-2q-earnings-56-percent-112719667--finance.html

heh..dead indeed..

there is many ways to identify what you actually doing online. provider can and do this all the time..check out your agreement verizon customers. there is also special section in your billing for it(illegal downloads). timing is everything(as usual). it was ok to download whatever with napster 10 years ago,but i wouldn't do it today. specially, if you do have nice sum of cash sitting on your brokerage or banking account.

#12     May 3, 2012
  3. I've seen that pirate bay. Its not just music/movies that people download. Its all sorts. Operating systems, adobe creative suite products, rosetta stone language software, games for your xbox, wii, playstation, apps for your iphone, android, ect. In a few hours, you could download $10,000+ worth of programs.

But before you all rush over to go there, remember one thing...its NOT free. Oh yeah...its free to download, but its a little like russian roulette. You download from the wrong person and you get a virus that crashes your computer, or searches your computer for your credit card information, or maybe even puts some new age spyware on your computer and gets your trading account number and password and they log into your account, and place an order to buy 5 million shares of some low volume stock that is trading for a penny while they have their sell order set at 2 or 3 cents making you basically transfer your account to theirs.

So there it is...russian roulette. You could get lucky 5 out of 6 times, but that 1 time it going to cause you such a problem, that its really not worth it.

#13     May 7, 2012
  4. imho, Zuckerberg is of the generation that seem to believe everything should be

A. On the 'net
    B. Free

It's a new world.

#14     May 7, 2012