Hollyfield broke

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by marketsurfer, Jun 6, 2008.

1. PJT

PJT

I know people who make $50K annually who have money in the bank and retirement savings.

Holyfield is train wreck. No sympathy here.

Don't even get me started about Ed Mcmahon.

#21     Jun 7, 2008
  2. Nice guy?

lol!..yeah, right.

Let's see, we got a guy here who claims to have at least 9 children. "At least" being the opperative phrase. How in the hell do you claim at least 9 children? Saying you have at least 9 suits, okay thats fine. But at least 9 kids?

And on top of that, he hasn't made child support payments for years. Now some of that is probably due to not remembering who he fucked I suppose. But, come on, not knowing how many kids you have and not making support payments automatically disqualifies you as a nice guy in my book.

His story reads more like major lowlife. I hope he ends up on the street myself.

#22     Jun 7, 2008
  3. Make no mistake.

In his field he made history (particularly when he stood against Mike, and took everything Mike could throw against him, only to give it back and more in the later rounds).

That was pure genius. :cool:

But in this world you have to be responsible for what you do, partuclarly when you can do more than most everyone else.

#23     Jun 7, 2008
  4. VictorS

VictorS

#24     Jun 7, 2008
  5. Sounds like he doesn't even have 10k to open an IB acct.

Don't worry about all dem moms, da gubanent has got dem cova'd.

#25     Jun 7, 2008
  6. I read that article, then read the first comments page where Holyfield retorts 'I'm not broke, I'm just not liquid'...

Maybe he's stuck holding auction rate securities that his bank won't let him sell .... (look to other thread)

:)

Who knows... maybe he was short crude from 48 last yr.

#26     Jun 7, 2008
  7. Someone needs to tell him that he's a prizefighter. Not a Rothschild.

#27     Jun 7, 2008
  8. I'm sure he had lots of people telling him all kinds of stuff and whispering advice into his ear...too bad it was the BAD ear!

#28     Jun 8, 2008
  9. joemiami

joemiami Guest

55,000 sq ft. 100+ rooms? WTF ?? I bet hes never even been in most of them. Some of these famous/rich ppl are true narcisistic eccentrics.... that whine like lil bitches when reality bites them in the ass. I have NO sympathy for them at all.

#29     Jun 8, 2008
  10. The problem with a lot of these athletes is that they're vastly ill-equipped to handle their own finances, and so they surround themselves with 'experts' to do the heavy lifting for them.

But those parasitic 'experts' are only, and obviously (at least in retrospect), interested in enriching themselves, and have no loyalty or allegiance to their big meal ticket.

The parasitic hosts slowly but surely drain the host's blood dry, by not just being yes men and women, as they cater to and encourage every desire for instant gratification their host has (as they sneak more cash into their pockets), but by often engaging in fraud and deception, also. It's part negligence and part overt maliciousness.

Sadly, this entourage of trusted inner circle members sometimes encompasses even family members, who actually steal from their own flesh and blood, without reservation.

There are exception to this happenstance, however.

I doubt that you'll ever see Sugar Ray Leonard, Tiger Woods, Lenny Dykstra, Larry Bird, Pete Sampras, Andre Agassi, Brett Favre, Isiah Thomas or countless other athletes in this situation.

They watch their assets and the people that watch their assets closely, and demand competence of themselves and those they employ.

#30     Jun 8, 2008