hollow earth theory

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by sumosam, Dec 28, 2008.

1. sumosam

sumosam

did some internet surfing...found this fascinating. anyone else up to speed about this?:D :D :D :D

2. Wouldn't it get stuffy?

3. TGregg

TGregg

I actually have a book about this - it's hilarious! Didn't buy it of course, found it helping a friend clean out a garage prior to moving.

People will believe just about anything.

4. sumosam

sumosam

i guess thats why many prominent astrologers have put this theory forth for centuries....no, this is not generally taught in the lower grades.

5. I suspect that it is a theory put forth by the Hollow Head Society.

6. sumosam

sumosam

I believe it was a fellow by the name of Halley....as in Halley's comet

7. In 1692. I wonder what scientific evidence he based it on.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hollow_Earth

P.S. I don't think he was an "astrologer," although I have no doubt he was a Scorpio. :p

8. sumosam

sumosam

the dalai lama is a believer in the hollow earth theory, there are several astrologers today who discuss this as relevant in professional circles. Halley was an astronomer, and remains respected.

Fibonnaci came out with his numbers in the 1400's ....they are no less relevant today.

9. I suppose everything is a theory until proven. But at some point, overwhelming evidence trumps Dalai

10. I didn't know that the Dalai Lama was a scientist and I didn't think that astrologers' opinions had anything other than entertainment value.

#10     Dec 30, 2008