holiday week trading

Discussion in 'Trading' started by loanfinder, Jul 2, 2008.

1. this is to day traders and scalpers:

- do you find it more difficult to trade the day before and/or day after a holiday?

- which"week" would you stay away from trading apart from christmas/new year period?

in other words, which days would be considered slow or better to take a break days?

i only trade the first 2 hrs (Sometimes 1 hr) and noticed that on wed, my signals weren't profitable until after 1pm. but i don't trade after 11:30am.

2. i believe that if you know what you are doing, you'll do well in any time or date or moon phase or wife menstrual cycle.

These are superstitions just like the black cat or broken mirror stuff.

3. silver,

i know ur trying to help and to some extent i agree with you.

however, you don't seem to understand what im saying otherwise you would not label it as superstition.

there are days and periods within a day (e.g lunch time, first half of fomc day) that may not be suitable for some trading methods.

i forgot to mention that i aim for 2 points and i look for pullbacks for entry.

4. 1) It can be tougher to trade after holidays because of booze-induced hangovers.

2) Thanksgiving week is "messed up" because of the short-sessions on Wednesday and Friday.

3) It's slightly better when Christmas, New Years and the 4th of July occur between Friday and Monday so as not to divide the week.

4) The other holidays don't have that problem since they're designed to produce a 3-day weekend.

5) Try to expand your time horizon for the whole day instead of only a limited portion of it.