Holiday Travel

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Mvector, Dec 23, 2011.

1. Mvector

Mvector

2. Mvector

Mvector

According to the results of a survey just released by the US Travel Association, two-out-of-five travelers this season are saying they’re trying to skip the plane and those pesky lines and checkpoints in lieu of other methods of transportation. It might not seem like a substantial number, but the association’s CEO, Roger Dow, tells US News & World Report, "Our research shows that reducing hassle without compromising security will encourage more Americans to fly — as many as two to three additional trips a year — leading to an additional $85 billion in spending that would support 900,000 American jobs.”

If Congress wants to keep jobs, perhaps they should pull the plug on stripping passengers of their clothes and humiliating them in terminals from coast-to-coast.

3. My daughter bought one of those snow globes at O'hare gift shop, when we went through security they "took" it and threw it away. They said it contained gel.That was a fast 20 bucks. From the gift shop to the garbage can. Good thing I told her to use her own "money". If it was me I would probably be posting from prison.

4. pspr

pspr

But, wheren't you already through the security checkpoint when you were at the airport shops? Just asking.

5. BSAM

BSAM

1. Pat down.
    2. Get blown up in midair.

Hmmm...
    I'm just having a really hard time with this decision.
    I see others are too.
    I feel better now.

6. BSAM

BSAM

What difference would that make?

7. How many terrorists has the TSA caught?

8. I left the secure area in between flights. The shop wasn't in a secure area. Dumb me.

9. BSAM

BSAM

I don't know.
    How many have they prevented?
    We'll never know.

#10     Dec 23, 2011