Hold On To Your Britches! Wild Week Ahead! Greek Riots Possible!

Discussion in 'Trading' started by shortie, Apr 30, 2010.

SPY Next Week

1. Bullish

20 vote(s)
    24.7%
  2. Flat

7 vote(s)
    8.6%
  3. Bearish

46 vote(s)
    56.8%
  4. I prefer not to say

8 vote(s)
    9.9%
  1. i posted this before from the Quantifiable Edges. Buying Fri dip has been easy money. So who went long last Fri?

[​IMG]

http://quantifiableedges.blogspot.com/2010/03/after-down-fridays-over-past-year.html

"It is important to understand that this is what I often refer to as an “environmental edge”. In other words, it is something that has worked in the recent past and seems to be a result of the current market environment. It is not an edge that has persisted over a long period of time nor do I expect it to continue to persist for a long period of time from now. That doesn’t mean it isn’t a useful observation, though. In such cases where I believe a setup contains an environmental edge I will look to use it to my advantage until it appears to be losing its effectiveness. Of course I do this with all edges, but environmental edges are on a tighter leash than others."

#21     May 2, 2010
  2. Back in 2000, a Greek analyst working in Goldman Sachs arranges a deal with Greek government to issue more and more debt without the knowledge and insight of EU and Greek public. Goldman Sachs makes millions from these deals.

After 10 years, the debt comes due or comes to light and one more country comes down to despair.

When is Goldman Sachs closed or forced to end the operations. These people are evil. Who knows how many other deals this evil has made with other countries or companies? How many scandals will they bear to?

How come the US government allow all these? How about the hidden potential scandals regarding Treasury, central bank and white house? Are there any deals struck with Goldman Sachs? Why do we have to know about all these after the collapse happens?

WE NEED INFORMATION NOW!!!!!!!!!!

#22     May 2, 2010
  3. gkishot

gkishot

Do you have to show the results of your analysis over longer time period?

#23     May 2, 2010
  4. What is the stop loss on the go-long position?

#24     May 2, 2010
  5. If these are the exact facts... then Bravo... nice response to Tyranny...

#25     May 2, 2010
  6. there is no stop-loss in that study. it just looks at close-to-close (Fri-Mon) outcome.

i am guessing the strat is b/e over a much longer historical interval.

#26     May 2, 2010
  7. So on a really bad Monday, you can lose everything?

Good plan, that.

#27     May 2, 2010
  8. loza

loza Guest

I voted bearish not because of the Greek problems but we ran up a lot and our house is not in order.....yet....NYC traders will be jumpy and nervous in the light of the Time Square timebomb... this means KABOOOOOM for ther spooz !!!!

#28     May 2, 2010
  9. hard for the market to go down with so much fear

#29     May 2, 2010
  10. rew

rew

Greek riots? Delta and gamma stomping all over vega and breaking theta's windows.

Oh wait, this isn't the options forum.

#30     May 2, 2010