Hold On To Your Britches! Wild Week Ahead! Greek Riots Possible!

Discussion in 'Trading' started by shortie, Apr 30, 2010.

SPY Next Week

1. Bullish

20 vote(s)
    24.7%
  2. Flat

7 vote(s)
    8.6%
  3. Bearish

46 vote(s)
    56.8%
  4. I prefer not to say

8 vote(s)
    9.9%
  1. Shoot a few molotov cocktails followed by cocktails. That's why their debt to GDP is so high. Foshizzle my nizzle.

#11     May 1, 2010
  2. My first response was confusion about the riots. If Greece is on the verge of default, don't the people realize that the government will have to cut spending and raise taxes?

But then I realized that the same thing would happen in the US if the government cut benefits and raised taxes. Why? Because the people believe that the bankers and real estate speculators crashed the economy. The people do not believe that they should suffer for a problem they did not create.

I guess the Greek people don't think the financial problems are their fault either. I wonder who they blame for the Greek debt and who they expect to pay for it?

#12     May 1, 2010
  3. The Germans?

#13     May 1, 2010
  4. Who they blame?
    Anyone but unions and themselves.

#15     May 2, 2010
  5. Quote from DrPepper:

My first response was confusion about the riots. If Greece is on the verge of default, don't the people realize that the government will have to cut spending and raise taxes?

But then I realized that the same thing would happen in the US if the government cut benefits and raised taxes. Why? Because the people believe that the bankers and real estate speculators crashed the economy. The people do not believe that they should suffer for a problem they did not create.

I guess the Greek people don't think the financial problems are their fault either. I wonder who they blame for the Greek debt and who they expect to pay for it?

Who they blame?
    Anyone but unions and themselves.

Why do you think the printing presses are on full-court press here. Basically it is a very pressing issue with Gover mental pressure to quell the massive pressure brewing in the USA. To be honest I am in awe of the quietude of the American people after such blatant manipulation. But as long as I can get spinners for my ride and Colt 45 then hey what the hey.

#16     May 2, 2010
  6. Lethn

Lethn

Americans may seem dubious but I think they're the sort of people who act all calm to each other but when they go back home they're sharpening knives and counting their grenades lmao, a bit like how the British act.

I remember that article that was posted about the guy who lost his $200,000 odd house because of the mortgage and he just went and bulldozed it down instead of letting the IRS take it lol.

#17     May 2, 2010
  7. it seems they have large portion of whole population is doing tax evasion.
    And the union is fairly big.

looks like these are major reason how they get to this situation.

#18     May 2, 2010
  8. There's crap all over the place. Look at you for instance, you stain wherever you live.

#19     May 2, 2010
  9. NoDoji

NoDoji

Bad case of the children's game "telephone" here and spinning a story to sound-bite form, easily digestible by everyone.

The real story is that Terry Hoskins never was even late on a mortgage payment. He'd taken out a bank loan originally to buy land and had built a home on it with his own money. The value of it all was $350,000 and he owed $160,000 on the original land loan.

His bank moved to foreclose on his home, because the bank claimed his home as collateral after the IRS placed a lien on his commercial properties following a lawsuit by his former business partner (his brother):

Faced with foreclosure, Terry Hoskins, a struggling homeowner in Moscow, Ohio, decided to bulldoze his $350,000 home rather than let his bank, RiverHills Bank, take it from him. "When I see I owe $160,000 on a home valued at $350,000, and someone decides they want to take it—no, I wasn't going to stand for that, so I took it down," Hoskins told TV station WLWT in Ohio. The story goes on to say:

"As far as what the bank is going to get, I plan on giving them back what was on this hill exactly (as) it was," Hoskins said. "I brought it out of the ground and I plan on putting it back in the ground."

#20     May 2, 2010