Hold Brothers

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by giladbi, Feb 24, 2004.

1. Casey30

Casey30

Hold Brothers???

Again, what does all this have to do with Hold Brothers?

#51     Mar 10, 2004
  2. i don't no this guy but he is nuts. i get a kick out of him but hey whats bad about jersey girls.

#52     Mar 10, 2004
  3. ertrader1

ertrader1 Guest

Nothing i was just playing around......as long as they are from Tenafly (not sure if that is proper spelling) and not Jersy city, they are good.....LOL

This guy is from some farm town upstate or in the midwest,,,,,he has no idea about NYC, he must be confusing Chicago with NYC....because in CHICAGO, 40k you can live well....hell I saw that , i even saw 40K a year 9 to 5ers driving BMWs in chicago and living in NEW LOFTS

#53     Mar 10, 2004
  4. Mecro

Mecro

You probably took cabs everywhere, had no clue how to do food shopping, ate out every night and paid full prices for drinks. Am I close? Just another Bridge & Tunnel that managed to move to city and had the impression you have spend left and right to live in this town. Just another example of how spoiled the people are in this country.

This is a tourist city. Does not mean you have to pay tourist prices. NYC is FULL of actors, models, artists, musicians. How in the world do you think they manage to survive. They make SHIT. And they go out very often. Look at East Village. Does it look like people there make even 40k? Lower East Side?

Before I started trading, I was making like 50k a year. It came down to taking home about 900-1000 a week net since I claimed like 13 dependents. I was paying around 950 for rent & utilities. About 400-500 a month on food, 600 a month on the endless bills & CCs from the stupidity of younger years. And I had a gf(that bitch :mad:) which was costing like over 1k a month in going out. After other random expenses I still managed to save money.

Just because you live in NYC, does not mean you have to go out everynight and drop 100-200 bucks like a fool. When you are at a bar/club, you do not need to waste money like nothing to get girls to like you. I do not give one fuck about any hot club, bar, lounge or buy any of hype. I worked in the NYC service industry for 4 years, I know the scams & the hustle. You know how many fake ass losers I have seen wasting money just to pretend like they are the hottest shit on the planet. Meanwhile I look at their watch and shoes and can tell that they do not make crap. When I go to some overhyped club I will rarely buy some overpriced watered down drink. I can get fucked up before I go out.

And my 1k a month apartment is quite nice. It's not a luxury 3 bedroom, it's a normal studio in a great neighborhood. I have NO pests or insects, our building gets cleaned everyday, my bathroom is in great shape, my neighbors are cool and it is not rent-controlled. It was a hook up but it is nothing comparing to some of the other hook-ups I have heard about. If you go to some real estate broker out of the yellow pages to get a place in NYC, you will get ripped off. But that does not make it the standard.

Don't tell me it cannot be done on 40k. I did it on a measly 400 bucks a week. Yeah it meant I could barely go out and had to seriously conserve. But thats on a measly 400 dollars a week, 1600 a month, 19200 a year.

What you think everyone that lives in NYC makes like 100k minimum?

#54     Mar 10, 2004
  5. Mecro

Mecro

Listings? You think thats gonna be advertised. Talk about lack of any idea of how things work in NYC.

I lived with roommates in West village (600 a month for a damn shithole), then East village (890 for a room, nice place actually but a bitch of a roommate), then East Village (950 a month, stealing scum roommate, nice place that actually was a slum).

Now I live in Midtown East/Upper East side. This neighborhood is tight. No roommates, my own place, I love it.

#55     Mar 10, 2004
  6. Magna

Magna Administrator

Hey Guys,

This thread is about Hold Brothers, not a pissing contest about living costs in NYC. Let's stay on topic, please.

#56     Mar 10, 2004
  7. Anyone have any bad experiences with hold?

#57     Mar 11, 2004
  8. Mecro

Mecro

I think the NYC convo was a lot more fun.

Already stated my experience with Hold. I just went to check them out.

#58     Mar 11, 2004
  9. heard just soso

#59     Mar 11, 2004
  10. cuz

cuz

I agree

:D

#60     Mar 11, 2004