HOLD BROTHERS

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by mm-trader, May 9, 2001.

1. Klaorman

Klaorman

Courtney,

Actually, I overstated what they wanted me to do. They don't need me to send a copy of the blotter. They just want me to confirm that what's recorded in the blotter is correct and then send back the Trade Acknowledgement. I filled out the form once and set the date to be auto-updating. I just have to remember to email the thing to them everyday. It's not as bad as I had thought, but it's still unusual. I complained to them about this and they said it's a compliance necessity. They also said their in-house traders have to do this too. Strange.

#41     Jul 27, 2001
  2. LOL,

It was a joke. Buy, Sell or Hold ... Hold Brothers... get the joke. LOL

I never thought anyone would take it seriously.

Bill

#42     Jul 28, 2001
  3. grbear

grbear

Recently, Hold Brothers upgraded their NYSE execution/routing options. The choices they offer are:

ABN-AM
    SWEST
    INCA
    REDI
    ELPH
    ISLD
    SLKC

I have been trading NASDAQ stocks so I am familiar with INCA,REDI, and ISLD. But, I do not have any knowledge on how the other options work(ABN-AM, SWEST, ELPH, SLKC). I am considering making the transition from trading NASDAQ stocks to trading NYSE stocks.

Are there any other Hold Bros traders out there who use this execution platform for trading NYSE stocks? Any comments?

Info pertaining to speed, how and where the orders are routed, most liquid, rational for using one over the other, etc. would greatly be appreciated.

Thanks

#43     Sep 20, 2001