Hold Brothers

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by brigreene, Oct 29, 2002.

1. It's funny how suddenly eveyone is concerned with what the owners of the firms do with their money. They didn't start a firm so they could break even or make 100K a year. Should Bill Gate return all his billions, and charge us $5 for windows? Like any other business, they're in it to make as much money as they can. I'm sure Hold has enough money to retire on. So if he really didn't care, he would've just shut down shop, bought himself a nice house in Aruba, and sat back on the beach. But he continues to rebuild the business. I know I wouldn't want the headache of trying to rebuild a business that got a bad reputation at one time.

#31     Oct 29, 2002
  2. When I started trading it was 25 bucks in and 25 bucks out out a 1000 lot for SOES. Selectnet and the Ecn's were even more then at my firm.

Still I thought that was great because I was making that 62.50 on those teenies or the 12.50 about 20 times an hour.

Man I miss the fraction days.

:mad:

#32     Oct 29, 2002
  3. whats up brother? the fountain of knowledge on ET......hope your well!!!!!!!!

#33     Oct 29, 2002
  4. But the decimals have allowed us to control our risk alot better, and really that's where my main focus is. Can you imagine 1/8th spread in this choppy market? Instead of losind 1 - 3 cents on a trade, you'd be losing 12.5 cents. That could do some damage when the market has these several week bouts with choppiness.

Decimals didn't stop the market from moving in points, like some people think, the market just got back to more rational trading where a 1 point is norm.

#34     Oct 29, 2002
  5. if i decided to give hold a shot using my own dough....what would i be paying for 200k shares a day and for bullets

#35     Oct 29, 2002
  6. Or geriatric vulva :eek: :eek: :eek:

#36     Oct 29, 2002
  7. hmm, you are wrong about that. they are not interchangeable. non-solicitation is when you can't recruit (solicit) from the same firm but can trade elsewhere. non-compete says you can't trade elsewhere. Big difference. you can have one and not the other.

#37     Oct 29, 2002
  8. Non competes are generally frowned upon by state law and are generally not upheld in most circumstances... so stop worrying about non - competes. A non compete is not to prevent you from earning a living in your industry, but rather to protect the business that made you sign it.

If you contribute up-front capital, you are an independent contractor. There is not a court in the state that would uphold a non-compete for any business against you in this circumstance...Even if you signed your life away.

But if you do have a No Risk-No Capital agreement and they do not terminate you... then the non compete will be in affect. An involuntary termination nullifies any non-compete agreement.
    Remember, if you have this type of relationship, be thankful that someone is giving you the opportunity to trade with No Risk.

Your biggest problem should be they want to enforce your non-compete because you are such a profitable trader !!!!

Banker

#38     Oct 30, 2002
  9. traderxp

traderxp

no offense. but everybody that knows anything, knows that hold sucks. greg and steve blow. say what you want, greybox is only a nasdaq system. you can't just explain everything that happens over there as a good thing.

"gave up office space" --- answer - "office was too big"

"office closed" --- answer - "there were no people there"

"rates were too hi" -- answer - "people liked it that way"

come on. this isn't personal. but, stop the b.s. with people. you work there. if you are happy, god bless you. you don't have to post half the replies on this thread trying to defend them. everyone here knows it's b.s.

#39     Oct 30, 2002
  10. mama

mama

traderxp

You're apsolutely right. Calibertrader is trying to recruit people here by his sweet talk. His posts have no substance. ET posts are designated strictly for learning and not for recruiting. Caliber, post an ad somewhere please, don't be so cheap, pay for it. I hope you can afford it. Do things in legitimate way, you'll feel better about yourself. Please just don't tell me I am wrong:D

#40     Oct 30, 2002