Hold Brothers

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by cstfx, Aug 20, 2007.

1. cstfx

cstfx

And someone from "Momentum Trading" who does $5k on a good day trading an account around 1MM is worthy of mention?

Or the social hermit who trades from home with his Ameritrade account?

#11     Aug 21, 2007
  2. Momentum Trading is a firm the person started on his own, i'd give him more credit for that

#12     Aug 21, 2007
  3. cstfx

cstfx

You can't swing a dead cat in this city without hitting someone who hasn't started their own firm/fund, etc. After all, this supposed to be the creme-de-la-creme. That doesn't impress. Or it shouldn't. But some people expectations may be lower than others.

#13     Aug 21, 2007
  4. its damn impressive to get on that list. the guy from assent stuck out the most for me basically because he does what i do. although he does it better.

#14     Aug 21, 2007
  5. Prez

Prez

I looked at ET's broker list to get a link to Hold Bros website and could not find it.

Is there a reason (advertising?) for no listing?

#15     Aug 30, 2007
  6. cstfx

cstfx

Do a Google search and you can easily find it. They don't advertise here so you won't find a listing. I guess it is just something they choose not to do.

#16     Aug 30, 2007

7. I know this is a old posting but someone just sent me this link. I don't know why Trader Monthly said this, but i can tell you that Hold Brothers is just fine. Its not GS but its a good place to trade and is just as good as most other prop firms.

#17     Jan 15, 2008
  8. thats damn funny.....im interested in changing to hold because their rates are superior to my current firm, and my firm acts like they are doing me a favor by offering me this current rate. I am currently doing them a 1K a month favor, which i didn't know.

#18     Aug 31, 2010
  9. I am currently looking at a few firms to change from IB to including HOLD.

Any feedback or comments about experiences with Hold would be great as I explore my options.

#19     Nov 7, 2010
  10. You need to be careful in only considering commission rates when trying to find a firm that fits your objectives. In addition to commission rates you will want to investigate all additional costs that are passed on to the trader. Some firms will mark up financing rates, ECN fees, exchange fees, screen fees for your EMS, and some charge a base for minimum volumes, or may charge a desk fee.
    You will also want to see what added services they provide. This includes but is not limited to tech support, news services, hardware, software, risk management. When it comes down to it, who cares what you commissions you are paying when your frontend crashes and no one is there to help you or they have one person managing risk for 500 traders. This is not to say that there aren’t a number of firms out there offering very competitive rates in addition to some of the superior services I listed above. I am just recommending that you consider all the aspects of the business and not just the commission rate.

#20     Nov 10, 2010