Hold Brothers in NYC

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by Bigblues28, Nov 3, 2006.

1. zdreg

zdreg

your last sentence shows that you know very little about the business.
    besides the incorrect use of tenths which would make the deal at .0006 a .006 deal
    which includes ecn fees is a good deal.
    furthermore you don't say whether you are trading remote or not.

your level of knowledge is obvious.

also learn to do a search before initiating a thread.

#21     Dec 30, 2006
  2. Fractal

Fractal

Fair enough, as I don't know their LLC status. But new traders should just be warned of their rap. Stick around the NYC prop scene long enough and you learn enough about why. Hold by itself, like Bright said, can hold its own.

#22     Dec 30, 2006
  3. Fractal

Fractal

Yeah yeah. I wasn't going to bother getting into this, but I suggest to any interested party to look through Banker's history at his earliest posts, particularly at the thread closed by Magna for "advertising" by a certain someone. We're not fools here, you're transparent. This whole routine has been done before.

Just let it rest and let the good folks of ET decide for themselves. There is a market for information just as there is a market for financial instruments -- and you can't fight it. I'm going to sleep, so flail away.

#23     Dec 30, 2006
  4. Hey momo... you are the one who posted the misinformation on this... I just responded to your incorrect post. How could I be advertising for Caliber when all I did was point out your ignorance ?

I am not advertising for Caliber... I haven't said anything good or bad about them... just stated the facts I know. Now that being said I do know people in Caliber Financial, and I know their LLC status. Just wanted to correct your mistake !!!

And by the way...my advertising that I tried to do was for for one or two traders to join my group over 2 years ago in Central Jersey... which I subsequently filled on my own. I don't run a trading group nor do I want to... so I am not sure about the point you are trying to make.... AGAIN !!

Just sounds to me, like you are clueless about the prop industry and that is why I responded to your post.

And by the way... I've been on here for over 4 1/2 years... and you have been on here for 2 months ??!?!? ... I guess that really does qualify you as an expert !!! LOL

Banker

#24     Dec 30, 2006
  5. Fractal

Fractal

Not going to bother getting into your separate handles further. The thread I mentioned is here:

http://elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=8948&perpage=6&pagenumber=4

People who know how to read and make conclusions will know what I mean without needing excessive rhetoric. G'nite.

#25     Dec 30, 2006
  6. If you took the time to read that post... I basically did the same thing then, as I am doing now... correcting someone elses mistakes !!!

I have no other handles... where did you get that from ?? Anyone who will take the time to read that post (probably has too much time on their hands) ... but also will realize that I didn't recruit for Caliber then and I am not recruiting for them now.

I know Caliber because before I opened up my remote office, I sat in the same area at Hold Brothers as they did. I was/ and am not affiliated with them. I spoke about your statement in regards to the LLC because I know the facts... unlike you who posts rumors and feelings.

When you are around a little longer then 2 months maybe you'll get some respect on this board... But my guess is you'll probably change YOUR handle again since you are probably embarrassed by your previous posts.

Banker

#26     Dec 30, 2006
  7. jmreyes

jmreyes

Is there anywhere reputable where you can trade that doesn't require some type of deposit.

#27     Jan 10, 2007
  8. huskidog

huskidog

I've heard mixed reviews about Hold Brothers. I did interview with one of Hold's sub LLC's once last year, however.
    I heard thru a grape vine that a handful of profitable traders left recently due to a fall out between the partners of the group.
    I'd like to know how these guys are doing and in particular one trader named, Dave or Don Klinstein (sp), is doing because they told me he's a wild card, mad crazy cowboy. He supposedly went to an Ivy League or one of their competitors.

#28     Jan 10, 2007
  9. Dan K is out of the trading business for now, havent spoken to him in a couple months now. Btw, why did you choose "huskidog"? There is a trader with Caliber who posts under "huskydog".

#29     Jan 10, 2007
  10. huskidog

huskidog

I'm a dog lover and have a Alaskan Husky dog. I've had Huskies since I was a child. Huskydog was taken when I tried to register, so I slightly tweaked it. I've heard your name at Hold and saw your threads on ET as well - your P/L is very consistent.

I don't know who this "huskydog" at Caliber is, but I did see this person's threads on ET, though.

This Dan guy came up a lot when I interviewed there. Nothing bad per se... just hilarious what they told me about him, so naturally his name kind of stuck. Do you know if he's coming back to trading?

#30     Jan 10, 2007