Hold Brothers in NYC

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by Bigblues28, Nov 3, 2006.

1. rjv27

rjv27

I made an educated assumption that you don't know how to trade by the way you wrote, but now looking at a few of your old posts I know that my assumption was right. Maybe I was a little sarcastic, just because there are a million threads just like this one and you could have used the search function. But I was being helpful by listing the 3 bullet points.

#11     Nov 3, 2006
  2. Danulous

Danulous

lol :eek:

#12     Nov 3, 2006
  3. Hi buddy,

You didn't answer Brandon12's question...So who is giving you .002 and 100% payout and how much volume do you do per day to get that .002? And does .002 include ecn charges?

#13     Nov 3, 2006
  4. bump

#14     Dec 21, 2006
  5. so called "good deals" are everywhere and they can only get better. low cost clearing through firms such as pw is making execution practically free for daytrading firms. There are fly by night firms sprouting up everywhere some have been around for a while others are imploding everyday trying to keep the ponzi scheme afloat. I personaly have been very upset by code of ethics of some of these firms which are robbing the industry of its innocent liberties and subjecting it to new laws and restraints therefore creating some disequilibrium somewhere else.

Knowing what I know now, I would probably go to bright trading, and if I had the capital I probably would. I hear they use gs prime, which is nice. Costs more to trade I think like 1/2 penny to a penny which is very reasonable cosidering overnight leverage which is nice as well with special prime arrangements. Not only that they have guys doing nice things with decent moneylines, trading pairs, etc. Its all about the training and mentorship. When selecting a firm you also have to take in your frequency of trade. do you want to make 50-100 rt/day or 2-3rt with possible overnights?p

#15     Dec 28, 2006
  6. Thanks, and I agree that everyone has to be very diligent when picking a firm....I can't say "Ponzi" for sure, but so many of these outfits are just plain dangerous and bad for the industry. Due diligence, and check the financials at bare minimum.

Don

#16     Dec 29, 2006
  7. this type of stuff goes way beyond the world of trading and financial markets. people are never happy with what they have no matter how good. they go out looking for homeruns everyday in whatever they do and look to knock every one out in one shot. it is just not realistic. they are not trained boxers and will never make it past the first round. you want to train, you want to be good, you want to be a star, you surround yourself with heavyweights.

how much you pay for something vs how much it will cost you are two seperate issues. p

#17     Dec 29, 2006
  8. Fractal

Fractal

Just a note, you should steer clear of Caliber Financial if you come across them, which is a sub-LLC with a particular reputation. Not sure if they run in NYC or not. Don Bright's warnings should be heeded in general.

#18     Dec 29, 2006
  9. subban

subban

Why did you have a bad experience with this firm?

#19     Dec 29, 2006
  10. I am not speaking for or against Caliber Financial, but your statement is incorrect. Traders of Caliber ARE fully backed by Hold Brothers MAIN LLC and NOT a SUB LLC.

Sounds like you have a beef with them... which is fine, but you really should post correct information if you are going to slam someone. You wind up looking like the fool when you post info that is incorrect... and no one will ever take your info seriously in the future.

Banker

#20     Dec 30, 2006