HOLD AAPL or sell before the close??

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by FAST.AM, Oct 22, 2007.

1. FAST.AM

FAST.AM

I'm long 1000 Shares of AAPL @ 170. My trading account has been restricted to cash only and I cant buy until stock settlement next day. I like apple here however I would take my profit and jump back in after the earnings, But I cant get back in because account restricted..
    Do i sell or hold or jump out the window ? lol

2. I would hold bro... I think their earnings are gonna be good. The shorts were out for blood and are getting stomped today... look at Garmin's chart... the thing jumped up 5 points on no news.

3. S2007S

S2007S

so lets see your up nearly 5000 bucks and your worried that your restricted account wont let you in after the earnings announcement. How did you achieve having your account restricted???

4. FAST.AM

FAST.AM

"Excessive Liquidation" on Fridays close.. Could you image the crap!!! Market crashing and i get screwd

5. FAST.AM

FAST.AM

GRMN. Yes Agree . Holiday season should drive these home. GRMN has a hight PE also. The market is still driving high PE stocks higher..

6. jbride12

jbride12

buy the rumor, sell the news. with the stock up a lot today, i'd be careful out there. aapl at an all-time high for the most part. if you're a long term holder, then the intraday movement shouldn't bother you. if you're trading out tomorrow after earnings are released I'd be careful.

Should have done it like i did ... got aapl with a cost basis of $4.50/share :D

7. My trading account has been restricted to cash only and I cant buy until stock settlement next day.!!!!

You and me both brother!

If you buy Apple at $170 you might as well hold the damn thing... This is an interesting qtr for them everyone is rah rah about the Mac computer again and they have a new opperating system coming out. I expect a clash though tomorrow between a read on the consumer and Apple tech which is very consumer focused. I imagine many people are writing calls and such and protecting their positions on Apple so the first move undoubtedly will be UP. Do you sell mid day? I think so. ~ stoney

8. FAST.AM

FAST.AM

Yeah I hear everyone -- decisions , decisions,.. I believe they also announce stock split but i think ill sell half my position at 3:50 or so. if history dictates it self with company's earnings the final 10 minutes of the trading day they run up............. who knows...... the bar is set so dam high.. i dont remember past appl earnings did the stock get chomped after the earnings??

9. lwlee

lwlee

10. FAST.AM

FAST.AM

Thanks nice write up .

#10     Oct 22, 2007