Hog and Cattle Spreads

Discussion in 'Journals' started by Buy1Sell2, Feb 3, 2006.

1. Buy1Sell2

Buy1Sell2

Looking to enter Long June Cattle , Short Auggie Cattle at 62.5 to the buy side.

2. Buy1Sell2

Buy1Sell2

Trade executed today

Long June Cattle .625 premium to June side
    Short Auggie Cattle

3. Buy1Sell2

Buy1Sell2

Will look to enter more Long June Cattle ,Short Auggie Cattle this week at .30 premium to the June side. I will double my position at that level.

4. momoNY

momoNY

Buy1Sell2,

Are you on Atkins diet ? :D

I barely understand what spreads are, let alone live cattle. Best of luck.

5. Buy1Sell2

Buy1Sell2

Price target for entry has been changed to .325

6. Buy1Sell2

Buy1Sell2

looking to exit my Long June Hogs, Short April Hogs at 7.80 to the June side. I was in at 6.05 to the June, but I realize this holds no validity since I had not created the journal and posted that entry.

7. Buy1Sell2

Buy1Sell2

Trades in Hogs and Cattle mentioned before have not been executed yet. Good to Cancel orders are still in effect.

Still Long June Cattle
    Short Auggie Cattle

Still Long June Hogs
    Short April Hogs

8. Buy1Sell2

Buy1Sell2

changed entry to .35 and I was filled. Average entry is now .4875

9. Buy1Sell2

Buy1Sell2

Back from Hawaii

I see that on the 22nd, my spread order to Sell June Hogs and buy April Hogs at 7.80 premium to the June side, was executed. This was a closeout of my position where I was long the June, short the April from 6.05 premium to the June side. --- 1.75 pts profit per contract. ($700 per)

10. Buy1Sell2

Buy1Sell2

So far, the Long June Cattle ,Short Auggie Cattle spread is not panning out the way I would like. Oh well, even seasonality sometimes fails. We'll stay with it for a bit more and then move on.

#10     Mar 2, 2006